Brief details about UN jobs in Bangkok – Programme Policy Officer:
- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: UN jobs in Bangkok
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Legal – Broad
- Political Affairs
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Project and Programme Management
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2023-06-22
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
UN jobs in Bangkok – Programme Policy Officer tasks:
The duties of UN jobs in Bangkok– Programme Policy Officer are:
- Oversee the review, publication, and technical support for drafting operational information management products such as Country Briefs, Situation Reports, Dashboards or Briefs for the Executive Director, in line with established consideration and approval workflows, including in emergencies.
- Provide on-demand service delivery to country office and regional bureau colleagues on copyediting, design and information synthesis, particularly for external products.
- Provide technical help to country office and regional bureau colleagues on reporting, mapping, evidence generation, publications, data analysis and visualization, as well as systems and solutions facilitating information and knowledge administration.
- Help the development of evidence, information, and knowledge products tailored to particular audiences, through missions or remotely, where required.
- Aid in strengthening the accessibility, flow and quality of products to communicate essential operational information, data, and evidence for internal use and decision-making. This can include setting up, expanding and maintaining existing interactive dashboards, online platforms, and static products to map out the information; and engaging with various business units to optimize the data flow. To this purpose, liaise with regional bureau colleagues, country offices, other regional bureaux and headquarters.
- Support in coordinating the preparation of Annual Country Reports. To this aim, liaise with WFP Country Offices, Regional Bureau and Headquarters colleagues to arrange the timely drafting, technical review and approval process of the reports. Help assure high quality by performing adequate quality control of the narrative and data. Provide direction and support to Country Offices and technical reviewers, edit and proofread reports and promote their dissemination. Ensure coherence and consistency across the reports and follow up on common issues.
- Help onboarding of new OIM/Reports Officers in the region and prepare / facilitate reporting and OIM trainings.
- Provide OIM/Reports surge help during emergencies, as required.
- Conduct other reporting- or operational information management-related duties as needed
UN jobs in Bangkok- Programme Policy Officer qualifications:
The requirements of UN jobs in Bangkok– Programme Policy Officer are:
- Master’s degree in communication, international relations, political science, economics or connected field.
- At least five years of background in reporting, research or analysis roles in the international development / humanitarian context.
- Solid analytical, writing and communication skills;
- understanding of UN system policies and functions; proficiency in MS Office.
- Proven analytical, writing, design and information synthesis and communication skills, including for external products.
- Mastership with data analysis and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, R, Python and/or ArcGIS) would be an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Bangkok, please click here.