Brief details about UN jobs in Beijing – Programme Assistant :
- Organization: UNWOMEN – United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empower
ment of Women
- Location: UN jobs in Beijing
- Grade: Consultancy – SB-3 (SC6/SC7), Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-06-23
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in Beijing – Programme Assistant job:
is a organization committed to gender equality and the empowerment of women. It supports UN Member States in setting global means for achieving gender equality and works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programs, and services required to ensure that the standards are effectively implemented and truly help women and girls worldwide. UN Women is a global advocate for women and girls, working to develop and uphold ideals and create an environment in which every woman and girl can exercise her human rights and live up to her full possibility. is a branch of UN Women that offers membership and donation possibilities to support UN Women programs.
Tasks of UN jobs in Beijing – Programme Assistant:
Help the effective implementation of the GCC Programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Compile, summarize, and present basic information/data on specific GCC Programme and projects for resource mobilization.
- Review project documents for completeness and compliance with relevant rules and procedures prior to submission for final approval and signature; identifies inconsistencies; distributes project documents to appropriate parties upon approval.
- Implement project standard operating procedures in line with the UN Women’s rules and regulations including UN Women Programme and Operations Manual.
Help the effective reporting on progress of the GCC Programme implementation focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Aid to the preparation of the annual and quarterly work plans as well as meetings, audit, operational and financial closure of the GCC Programme.
- Help to the preparation of quarterly project reports, in line with the monitoring and reporting guidelines and presents it to the project assurance team on a timely manner;
- Tracking of delivery rate of GCC Programme, review of budgets of projects and financial reports submitted by partners. Help in reviewing financial reports/proposals from partners and preparation of information for project/donor reports as part of monitoring and evaluation.
Provide administrative and financial aid to both GCC Programme and WEE Programme to ensure the achievement of result-based management focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Create projects for input into Atlas, preparation of budget revisions, revision of the award and status, determination of unutilized funds, and functional and financial closure of a project.
- Coordinate organisational matters related to the project meetings, workshops and conferences including contracting vendors, organizing logistics and travel arrangements.
- Help in the preparation of the budgets, preparation of contracts and other administrative documents for the implementation of project activities. Maintain an effective filing system for both hard and soft versions; maintain an effective tracking system for contracts.
Help strategic partnerships, communications, and the implementation of resource mobilization for both GCC Programme and WEE Programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Help in updating database of the relevant public and development partners private sector, civil society and other stakeholders who are counterparts for the projects;
- Asset documentation of project activities as a tool to communicate results, deepen stakeholder knowledge and buy-in to the project, and resource mobilization for the project.
Helps knowledge building and knowledge sharing of both GCC Programme and WEE Programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the functions/projects staff on the two projects.
Qualifications of UN jobs in Beijing – Programme Assistant:
Education and certification:
- A Bachelor’s degree is needed;
- A master and above, and bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or related fields is an asset.
- Bachelors with at least 5 years, or Masters with at least 3 years of progressively responsible background in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service;
- Outstanding skills of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Background in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Illustrated abilities of task tracking, fast learning and quick response.
- Being able to work independently and under strict deadlines is required.
- Knowledge of international development,
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is needed
- Understanding of the other UN official working language is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Beijing, please click here.