Brief details about UN jobs in Cameroon –
Associate Programme Officer:
- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Yaoundé
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: June 30, 2023
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in Cameroon – Associate Programme Officer job:
TheHigh Commissioner for Refugees ( ) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
Tasks of UN jobs in Cameroon – Associate Programme Officer:
- Help in assessing and analysing the needs of persons of concern in a participatory manner, using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective as basis for planning.
- Provide aid on programmatic aspects of developing multi-year protection and solutions strategies and annual plans with corresponding priorities taking into account corporate priorities.
- Aid Results Based Management and programme capacity in light of evolving requirements, programming approaches and gaps.
- Aid the planning process in compliance with planning parameters outlined in the Programme Manual and the planning instructions.
- Help the revision and analysis of plans, mid-year and year-end reports of UNHCR office(s) in the Area of Responsibility AoR), ensure quality assurance and compliance with established policies, guidelines, procedures and standards.
- Aid in the provision of overall direction to broaden partnerships with key stakeholders in order to maximize the protection and solutions response for persons of concern.
- Provide help to ensure a consistent application of the framework for implementing with partners, including the effective implementation of the policy on selection and retention of partners, management of partnership agreements, risk-based project performance monitoring, and risk-based project audits, among others.
- Contribute to assure consistent and coherent monitoring approaches, tools and systems across the region, in line with global standards and polices.
- Actively contribute to UNHCRs programming of community of practice and continuously contribute to advancements of programming tools and processes.
- Manage a timely and effective follow-up of internal and external audits observations and recommendations that relate to programmatic issues.
- Conduct other related duties as required.
Qualifications of UN jobs in Cameroon – Associate Programme Officer:
- 3 years appropriate experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
- Demonstrated background in programme management including familiarization with the OMC and sound knowledge of Results Based-Management. Demonstrated experience in field operations, sound knowledge on the centrality of protection in programming, Joint Needs Assessments and the principles of targeting.
- Illustrated experience in coordination within an inter-agency context and other actors, in a refugee or humanitarian context. Sound experience in program management training and capacity building activities.
- For International Professional and Field Service positions: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Understanding of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Cameroon, please click here.