The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is responsible for international public health. It was established in 1948 and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. The WHO’s primary role is to coordinate and direct international efforts to prevent, diagnose, and treat infectious diseases, non-communicable diseases, and other health challenges. The organization is also involved in promoting healthcare and supporting healthcare systems in low- and middle-income countries, as well as advocating for universal healthcare coverage. The WHO works with governments, non-governmental organizations, and other stakeholders to achieve its goals, and is widely recognized as a leading authority on global health issues.
Also, Apply:UN jobs in Egypt-Human Resources Assistant
About UN jobs in Egypt-Monitoring and Evaluation Consultancy Roster
In addition to contributing to the analyses and distribution of analytical reports, the consultancy’s goal is to provide analyses and dissemination to effectively support data gathering and analyses of regional KPIs for COVID-19 reaction, Outbreak Monitoring and Evaluation, and WHE performance.
The goal of the WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (WHE) (The Programme) is to increase the ability of Member States to manage the risks associated with health emergencies. When national resources are exhausted, the Program also leads and coordinates the international health response to outbreaks and other health emergencies, as well as to adequately relieve affected populations and assist in their recovery.
“Risk” is a term used to describe interventions in the field of public health.
Enhancing the EMR’s emergency reaction efficiency, efficacy, and timeliness is the goal of monitoring public health initiatives. The position holder will assist the accountable officer in gathering, analyzing, communicating, and using health data from all important sources.
Requirements of the UN jobs in Egypt-Monitoring and Evaluation Consultancy Roster
- degree from an accredited institution in medicine, epidemiology, public health, foreign health, or a related discipline.
- Advanced degree/training in Epidemiology or Public health
- two years of professional job experience at the national level in epidemiology, information management, or public health, either in the public or private sector, or through other pertinent studies.
- Experience with health data management work, including data collection, cleaning, analysis, and report generation.
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills are essential.