Brief details about UN jobs in Ethiopia – Communication Officer:
- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Junior level – NO-B, National Professional Officer – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2023-07-06
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in Ethiopia – Communication Officer job:
UNICEF, or the, is an agency of the United Nations that donate humanitarian and developmental support to children over the world. It was originally initiated in 1946 to give emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries devastated by . UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of every child, especially those who are vulnerable. Its activities include giving immunizations, disease prevention, and treatment for children and mothers with HIV, as well as strengthening childhood and maternal health. UNICEF relies wholly on voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
Tasks of UN jobs in Ethiopia – Communication Officer:
- Assure that the production of communication products and materials is timely executed and followed up to support country communication strategy, regional and global campaigns and priorities and to support resource mobilization as set out in the work plan.
- Efficacious and timely professional assistance and support are provided in developing, drafting and maintaining contact information, materials and relationships with journalists and media outlets covering all media – print, TV, radio, web etc. – in the country, to communicate the story of UNICEF’s cooperation to a wider audience.\
- Regular monitoring and evaluation movements are undertaken according to the work plan to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement of country communication efforts. Ensure results and reports are prepared and shared on a timely basis.
- Assure that the Country Office’s contact list of individuals, groups, organizations and fora (including Government, UN, and bilateral counterparts), are maintained and further developed, whose support is essential to/can assist in achieving the advocacy and communication objectives and who support and are able to actively participate in special events and activities that further the country programme goals.
- Collect, initiate, edit, and develop content (stories, photos, and audio-visual material) to be posted on social media platforms and the web. Develop and manage UNICEF Ethiopia’s social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, the country’s Intranet, and website including posting of messages, photos, and story content, either routinely, ad hoc, or in line with a meeting, visit, event or campaign.
Qualifications of UN jobs in Ethiopia – Communication Officer:
- A university degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a connected field.
- Two years practical professional work background in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media.
- Field work background and background/familiarity with emergency situations.
- Developing country work background and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is needed. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here.