Brief details about UN jobs in Ethiopia – Driver:
- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Transport and Distribution
- Closing Date: 2023-07-01
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in Ethiopia – Driver job:
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Based on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risk disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
Tasks of UN jobs in Ethiopia – Driver:
- Carrier UNDP and other UN visitors or officials applying appropriate protocols.
- Deliver and gather mail and documents and perform other messenger responsibilities.
- Satisfy official personnel and visitors at the airport and assist with visa and customs formality arrangement when required.
2. Assure cost-saving through proper use and day-to-day maintenance of the assigned office vehicle.
- Sustain accurate daily vehicle logs, Insurance renewal, annual vehicle annual inspection, plate process to the newly procured, plate return for the disposed vehicles and collection of Performa cost as required.
- Provide inputs to the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Make timely minor rehabilitation and/or arrange for major repairs.
- Assure timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
3. Assure availability in the assigned vehicle of all the required documents, supplies and necessary spare parts.
- Maintain current in vehicle documents such as vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country.
- Assure vehicles are Compliance with UN Rules and Regulation and vehicle first aid kit is adequately stocked with standard medical supplies.
- Timely notify the administration Analyst when maintenance service is required.
- Takes care of day-to-day supervision services of the vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.
4. While on board and en route, ensure UN properties and Assets Safety and Security focusing on the following key shiftings.
- Apply defensive driving directions at all times and conditions.
- Assures that the steps, rules, and regulations are taken in case of reporting an accident.
- Timely reporting accidents to direct supervisor, field level UNDSS and local police/traffic.
- Gather and share facts to medical personnel and police officers, when necessary.
- Assures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
- Deal virtually and tactfully with officials and visitors that use his/her vehicle.
5.) Conduct other duties within incumbent’s functional profile as assigned and deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the office and Organization.
- Aid programme and operations team in delivering and receiving messages to and from/to partners.
- Extra duties may include assisting with pouch collection, Willingness to be assigned for after working hour duties, support procurement as needed, assist the staff during workshops and office retreat, report of cost-recovery for the services provided by the office, assist in the reconciliation of the year-end physical verification exercise and other administrative tasks.
Qualifications of UN jobs in Ethiopia – Driver:
- Secondary Education/Diploma in Auto-mechanics and connected fields of study.
- A minimum of 3 years (with high school diploma) of relevant work experience as a driver with a safe driving record is needed.
- Minimum 2 years work background with UN and Humanitarian/Development NGOs as a driver; safe driving record, and knowledge of driving regulations, rules and laws as well as skills in minor vehicle repair and maintenance
- Background in the basic use of computers and relevant office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and ability to use web-based management and electronic log, file and/or scheduling systems.
- Understanding of protocols and security requirements is an advantage.
- Preferably with diploma on Auto Mechanics and related fields of study.
- Valid 3rd grade driving license, skills on vehicles maintenance, knowledge to courtesies, diploma/certificate on auto mechanics, training/certificate on defensive driving, computer literate,
- Fluency in English and national language of the responsibility station.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here.