Brief details about UN jobs in Ethiopia – Intern Logistics:
- Organization: NRC – Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Addis Ababa | Assosa
- Grade: Internship – Internship
- Occupational Groups:
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2023-07-05
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in Ethiopia – Intern Logistics job:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an autonomous humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in emergencies across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for individuals forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve the international and local capability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also conducts the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Tasks of UN jobs in Ethiopia – Intern Logistics:
- Stick to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Provide aid in procurement function from RFQ collection to receiving of goods and services
- Provide aid in logistics function in fleet management and warehouse
- Assure proper filing of documents
- Enforce a plan of action for delegated portfolio of Logistics and Procurement
- Day to day follow of improvement in Procurements and other Logistics tasks
- Assure compliance with NRC policies CC tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Foster and share ideas for technical improvement
- Prepare periodic improvement reports and other documents
- Perform liaison activities as instructed by supervisor
- Sustain and update supplier database at the area office
- Complete adherence to all NRC policies and procedures for procurement, ensuring transparency, well-documented, and correct procurement always, with solutions provided to procurement issues as they arise
- Via Agresso, receive, register and/or prepare requisitions, check the correctness of Purchase Requisitions, raise RFQs and purchase orders and update status reports.
- Liaise with suppliers to assure prompt and accurate delivery of goods, services, and equipment.
- Prepare monthly procurement reports and abandon them to line manager
- Help all procurement process activities at the area office with support from the logistics officer.
- Coordinating with stores to collect appropriate documentation, collecting and organizing documents in accordance with the NRC procurement checklist.
- Help the administration of resources so that deliverables are achieved within set budgets, timelines, and standards
Qualifications of UN jobs in Ethiopia – Intern Logistics:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, economics, Accounting, or connected disciplines
- Work background -0 years
- Fluent in verbal and written English and Amharic and other additional local language
- Capability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Attainment of set benchmarks and objectives
- Capability to communicate (vertically & horizontally)
- Computer skills (common Microsoft Windows and Office applications)
- Capability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here.