Brief details about UN jobs in Ethiopia – Photographers/ Videographers at UNICEF:
- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Remote | Addis Ababa
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Communication and Public Information
- Design (digital, product, graphics or visual design)
- Closing Date: 2023-06-27
UNICEF, or the, is an agency of the United Nations that donate humanitarian and developmental support to children over the world. It was originally initiated in 1946 to give emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries devastated by . UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of every child, especially those who are vulnerable. Its activities include giving immunizations, disease prevention, and treatment for children and mothers with HIV, as well as strengthening childhood and maternal health. UNICEF relies wholly on voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
UN jobs in Ethiopia – Photographers/ Videographers at UNICEF tasks:
The duties of UN jobs in Ethiopia – Photographers/ Videographers at UNICEF are:
- UNICEF Ethiopia needs quality photos and videos for multimedia platforms showcasing UNICEF-supported programme and emergency interventions to be used for advocacy, awareness raising and mobilization of resources. In addition, UNICEF programme sections and UNICEF partners and donors demand photo/video coverage of specific events, visits and programme areas shot by professional photographers/videographers.
- High-resolution digital photos in different file formats (RAW and JPEG), fully edited and with detail/extended captions as per the UNICEF photo guideline.
- UNICEF retains the right of ownership while the photographer is given credit.
- The photos should have a pre-set tag and caption in the metadata for WeShare and Flickr databases.
- The advisor will deliver edited and captioned photos (wide and short selections and various shooting styles) in desirable formats in three working days after each assignment.
- Depending on urgency of need, the consultant is also responsible to deliver edited and captioned short selection of photos on same day of the assignment and or during the assignment for live coverage of events on social media and high-level visits.
Video production assignment
- Fully edited videos (as per the agreed storyline) and agency-style cuts when needed for UNICEF multimedia and digital platforms.
- The advisor is responsible to deliver multiple social media video sizes and ratio (1:1, 4:5, 9:16) that suit digital platforms, clean versions, and B-roll.
- The advisor is responsible to include graphics, animation, effects (if required), and subtitles.
- The advisor will deliver edited videos (various social media sizes and ratio) three to five working days after each assignment.
- Depending on the urgency of need, the consultant is also responsible to produce short videos on same day of the task during events and high-level visit.
UN jobs in Ethiopia – Photographers/ Videographers at UNICEFqualifications:
The requirements of UN jobs in Ethiopia – Photographers/ Videographers at UNICEF are:
- A university diploma in Photography/videography, or equal combined with a certificate in a related discipline
- A minimum of 5 [Five] years of relevant professional background in Photography/videography
- Developing country work background and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is needed. Understanding of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here.