Brief details about UN jobs in Ethiopia – Programme Finance Analyst:
- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-06-30
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in Ethiopia – Programme Finance Analyst job:
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Based on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risk disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
Tasks of UN jobs in Ethiopia – Programme Finance Analyst:
1. Assure implementation of operational strategies and adapt processes and procedures:
- Assure full compliance with UNDP Programme and Operations Policies and Procedures (POPP) of financial activities and financial recording and reporting system;
- Simplify CO Programme Finance business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of standard operating procedures in programme finance in consultation with office management;
- Partake in the projects’ audit, follow-up on audit recommendations, and provide support in closure of audit gaps;
- Enforce financing and trust fund agreements;
- Decorated proposals and implement cost saving and reduction strategies in consultations with office management;
- Provide ongoing analysis and monitoring of the CO Programme financial situation, and present forecasts for allocated development projects, transactions, and activities;
- Routinely observe financial exception reports for unusual activities and/or transactions, investigate anomalies, and inform senior CO management when satisfactory answers are not obtained.
2. Assure effective CO programme finance management and optimal cost recovery:
- Develop, enforce, and follow up on Programme Portfolio Pipeline and Project Tree in ERP. Ensure programme financial resources management through planning, guiding, controlling of the resources. Prepare and monitor development projects’ budgets;
- Control ERP matching, implement effective internal controls, and ensure proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resource management system. Implement control mechanisms for development projects by monitoring budget preparation and modifications, and budgetary status versus ASL. Follow up with HQ on ASL for development projects;
- Interpret requirements and synthesize proposals on proper mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in budget management;
- Assure Control of Combined Delivery, regular monitoring of the CO delivery, and control of Accounts Receivables for UNDP projects;
- Activity delegated manager authorities in ERP;
- Provide advice on organisational and programme reporting, particularly on budgetary issues, and prepare reports. Monitor dashboards and exceptions; and identify remedial actions;
- Observe cost-recovery bills preparation in ERP for the services provided, implement the revenue tracking system, and follow up on cost recovery
3. Assure implementation of the resource mobilization:
- Help office management to articulate the framework and conditions of contributions within the CO resources mobilization efforts;
- Observe financing contributions;
- Provide guidance to Programme and Project Staff on different donor reporting requirements; and monitor financial reports to be submitted to donors;
- Track and report on mobilized resources.
4. .) Assure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing and provide guidance to all stakeholders on financial matters:
- Provide direction to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects and tracking use of financial resources;
- Arrange and conduct training for the Operations/Project/Programme Staff on financial management and RBM;
- Assist in providing regular training and technical guidance/advice on audit and compliance matters, including performance of Internal Control Framework (ICF);
- Synthesize lessons known and best practices in programme and programme finance;
- Supply sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- UNDP jobs in Ethiopia Digital Entrepreneurship Analyst
- Ethiopia UN jobs Business Emergency Unit Manager
Qualifications of UN jobs in Ethiopia – Programme Finance Analyst :
- A proficient accounting qualification from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy, and/or Advanced (Masters) University Degree in Finance and/or Accounting is required. Candidates with professional accounting qualifications from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage;
- Candidates with no experienced accountancy qualifications, but with degrees that major in accountancy and/or finance must complete the Finance Training and Certification Programme (FTCP), if recruited;
- Nominees satisfying the two above criteria are exempted from undertaking the UNDP Advanced Accountancy and Finance Test (AAFT);
- Nominees with MBA or master’s in finance with no accountancy qualification but with relevant experience must successfully undertake the UNDP Advanced Accountancy and Finance Test (AAFT) to be eligible for shortlisting.
- 2 years (with master’s degree) or 4 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience in providing financial administration services, and/or managing staff and operational systems.
- Background in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheets and web-based management systems such as ERP financials and database packages;
- Background of IPSAS and/or IFRS is required for external candidates.
- Fluency in English and local language of the duty station;
- Understanding of another UN language is desirable
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here.