Brief details about UN jobs in India – PMU State Coordinator:
- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: UN jobs in India ,Mumbai
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-07-03
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in India – PMU State Coordinator job:
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Based on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risk disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
UN jobs in India – PMU State Coordinator tasks:
The duties for UN jobs in India – PMU State Coordinator job are:
- Help the PMU at Tribal Development Department, Govt. of Maharashtra to Lead and provide strategic guidance to the PMU team in effective Planning, monitoring and implementation of the Tribal development Programmes in the state of Maharashtra.
- Be portion of the Project Management Unit and will work under the overall supervision of the Programme Lead, Tribal Development, UNDP and in close collaboration with the Chief Advisor, UNDP and Tribal Development Department, Govt. of Maharashtra. S/He will ensure engagement of all direct stakeholders and the delivery of project objectives with other team members.
- Technical help in strategic planning process for the project and ensure its implementation in accordance with the signed project document.
- Coordinate with Tribal Development department’s Knowledge Partners; ensure day-to-day management, administration and decision-making for the project.
- Guide and strategize the advocacy work, identify research areas and develop capacity building programmes for implementing officers and practitioners on the ground.
- Organize workshops, seminars and round tables to share project outputs with stakeholders involved. Render support to related UNDP thematic activities such as publications, knowledge sharing and group discussions.
- Prepare the Quarterly/ Annual Project Reports (progress against planned activities, update the Project Assurance team, Annual Work Plans (AWP), Annual Plans of Activities and Procurement Plans for the project’s implementation period.
- Observe implementation of project components, analyse problems that hamper their implementation and take appropriate measures to ensure timely delivery of project’s resources(inputs) for the achievement of programmatic results.
- Assure that project contributes to the promotion of gender equality by reaching, involving and benefiting both women and men in its activities (gender mainstreaming)
- Any other assignments assigned by the supervisor.
UN jobs in India – PMU State Coordinator qualifications:
The requirements for UN jobs in India – PMU State Coordinator job are:
- A Master’s degree in any of the following areas – Social Sciences, international development, social work, public policy or related field is needed or Bachelor’s degree with additional 2 years of experience in the similar field will also be given due consideration in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years of background (Bachelor’s degree) or up to 2 years of experience (Master’s degree) in the similar field development management/studies, rural development, social work, public policy
- High-level of IT/computing skills (minimum: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel,PowerPoint)
- Understanding of and experience in gender mainstreaming is an asset
- Willingness to travel when needed
- Illustrated experience of working on issues of Tribal development
- Good knowledge of tribal development related schemes and legislations
- At least one year of background of working in government/international agency funded projects is desirable
- Domain understanding in areas like governance, convergence, tribal affairs, social justice and social inclusion
- Outstanding knowledge of written and spoken English and Hindi is essential. Knowledge of Marathi is also desirable
If you are looking for more UN jobs in India, please click here.