Brief details about UN jobs in Iraq – Driver at UNOPS:
- Organization: UNOPS – United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: UN jobs in Iraq , Erbil
- Grade: Administrative support – LICA-3, Local Individual Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Transport and Distribution
- Closing Date: 2023-06-25
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in Iraq – Driver at UNOPS job:
The United Nations Office for Project Services () is a UN agency that implements infrastructure and procurement projects for the , international financial institutions, governments, and another partners over the world. UNOPS offers implementation, advisory, and transactional services in its five core areas of expertise.. It supply projects in more than 80 countries worldwide, with a portfolio of $3.4 billion in 2021. UNOPS often works in post-disaster and peace and security settings, improving countries, and economies in transition. UNOPS is a member of the United Nations Sustainable Development Group and works closely with other UN entities such as the , the , and the .
Tasks of UN jobs in Iraq – Driver at UNOPS:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving assistance
- Appropriate use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
- Immediate action in case of an accident
- Provides reliable and secure driving services by
- driving office vehicles for the transport of the Regional Director/Head of Office, other high-ranking officials and visitors
- gathering and delivering mail, documents and other items; and
- meeting official personnel at the airport and streamlining immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Assures proper use of vehicles through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Assures the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle by checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.; performing minor repairs and arranging for major repairs; and ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Assures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
- Assures that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
Provides administrative, logistical and procurement help:
- Timely processing of incoming and outgoing mail and documentation; maintenance of the corresponding register and distribution as proper;
- Aid to organization of and logistical preparation for field trips, visiting missions, meetings, conferences, workshops, retreats; preparation of logistics arrangements, including circulation of the documentation to be reviewed;
- Receipt of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for shipments (received/sent), and understandings for shipments. Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions, drafting correspondence related to shipments/customs clearance;
- Structure of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations.
Qualifications of UN jobs in Iraq – Driver at UNOPS:
- Fulfillment of secondary school or equivalent; drivers training with a valid driver’s license.
- Three years of work background as a driver; safe driving record.
- Understanding of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Fluency in Arabic is needed.
- Basic knowledge of English is needed.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Iraq, please click here.