The World Food Programme (WFP) is a leading humanitarian organization that works to eradicate hunger and improve food security around the world. Established in 1961, WFP is a United Nations agency that operates in more than 80 countries, providing food assistance to people affected by conflict, natural disasters, and other emergencies.
WFP’s mission is to save lives and protect livelihoods, with a focus on the most vulnerable populations, including women and children. The organization provides food assistance in a variety of forms, including in-kind food distributions, cash-based transfers, and school feeding programs. In addition to emergency food assistance, WFP also works on longer-term initiatives aimed at improving food security and building resilience in communities.
Also, Apply:UN Jobs in Indonesia – Gender and Social Inclusivity Analyst
WFP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from governments, private companies, and individuals. The organization relies on partnerships with other humanitarian organizations, governments, and local communities to deliver its programs and services effectively.
About UN Jobs in Italy-Consultant HR
The largest humanitarian organization in the world battling hunger is the United Nations World Food Programme. WFP’s goal is to contribute to the world’s effort to eradicate hunger during our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works in every country to make sure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the most vulnerable and impoverished people, especially women and children, have access to the wholesome food they require.
The HR Technology and Analytics Branch of the HRMOI is in charge of providing ongoing assistance to crucial HR operational operations through the proper deployment of enabling technology, procedures, and information. It is also in charge of creating the HR Division Technology strategy and roadmap that will support integrated talent management processes, enable full visibility into our global workforce by deploying a technology solution that integrates people processes, data, and intelligence from corporate and satellite systems and databases, and will offer workforce analytics and tools to support evidence-based decision making across people-related processes. (in particular workforce planning, recruitment, reassignment and deployment to emergencies).
The Branch consists of three teams:
(1) HR Technology Deployment;
(2) HR Systems Administration and Support;
(3) HR Reporting & Analytics.
Responsibilities of the UN Jobs in Italy-Consultant HR
This position is under the overall supervision of the Head of HR Systems Administration & Support.
- Perform analysis of revised/new HR policies and determine the impact on the HR systems.
- Monitor the performance of HR systems, analyse errors, and liaise with TEC to seek solutions, or identify workaround solutions.
- Prepare business requirements relating to the development of HR system solutions (change requests or fixes).
- Test and validate the HR system solutions before implementation.
- Prepare internal guidelines and participate in the preparation and delivery of training on system related changes to HR users in HQ
- Maintain relationships and partner with stakeholders and counterparts (FINP, HRMOG, HRMOP, TEC, and others) to coordinate the successful implementation of the HR system solutions and to ensure that cross-functional processes are in place and functioning as required.
- Provide guidance to HR Users in HQ on system functionality and use.
- Manage HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to HR Users in Headquarters.
9. Support with and coordinate (on rotational basis) monthly payroll activities.
Requirements of the UN Jobs in Italy-Consultant HR
- Advanced degree from an academic institution in engineering, computer science, business administration, mathematics, or finance; or first-level degree plus extra relevant job experience.
- having at least three to five years of professional experience in human resources following graduation and having a passion for global humanitarian development;
- Having experience performing business analyses, data analyses, creating business requirements for system development, completing testing, and deploying systems is advantageous;
- It is advantageous to be fluent in both spoken and written English and have a basic understanding of another UN official language (Chinese, French, Russian, Arabic, or Spanish).
How to Apply?
- available positions. You can filter by location, job category, and keywords.
- Review job requirements: Once you find a job that matches your skills and interests, review the job requirements to ensure that you meet the qualifications and experience needed.
- Prepare your application: Prepare your application materials, including your resume/CV, a cover letter, and any other required documents, such as transcripts or certifications.
- Submit your application: Apply online by submitting your application materials through the WFP’s online job portal.
- Wait for a response: WFP will review your application and if you are shortlisted, they will contact you for an interview. If you are not selected for the job, you will receive a notification.
It is important to note that the recruitment process for WFP can be highly competitive, so it is important to carefully review the job requirements and submit a strong application.