Brief details about UN jobs in Kenya – Business Support Assistant:
- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Kenya
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Sustainable trade and development
- Sustainable Business Development
- Closing Date: 2023-07-03
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in Kenya – Business Support Assistant job:
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
Tasks of UN jobs in Kenya – Business Support Assistant:
- Back the provision of travel and protocol related services, etc., maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of a safe and relaxed working environment.
- Follow on requests for travel that have been submitted by Business Support Assistants (BSA) within RBN, to assure they conform to WFP standards and procedures.
- Follow with COs on Oversight outstanding recommendations and support required
- Follow on-field help requests that come from COs, and communicate to the correct focal point in RBN for action
- Collate and process info including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Manage and sustain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
- Launch research and perform basic analyses of data, to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of resources.
- Be a first point of contact for internal questions, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
- Provide inputs to routine procedures and practices in own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of services provided
- Other as needed.
Qualifications of UN jobs in Kenya – Business Support Assistant:
- Fulfillment of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable
- Has illustrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day-to-day work
- Has helped in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
- Has an Understanding of working with Travel and Protocol.
- Fluency (level C) in the English language
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Kenya, please click here.