Brief details about UN jobs in Kenya – INTERN:
- Organization: UNEP – United Nations Environment Programme
- Location: UN jobs in Kenya Nairobi
- Grade: Internship – Internship
- Occupational Groups:
- Closing Date: 2023-07-04
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in Kenya – INTERN job:
The( ) is an association established in 1972 to guide and harmonize environmental activities within the United Nations (UN) system. UNEP works closely with its 193 Member States and agents from civil society, businesses, and other major groups and stakeholders to address environmental challenges via the , the world’s highest-level decision-making body on the environment. UNEP advances international cooperation on environmental issues, provides guidance to UN organizations, and encourages the international scientific neighborhood to participate in formulating policy for many of the UN’s environmental projects. UNEP’s efforts are focused on varying the triple planetary crisis of climate change, nature and biodiversity loss, and corruption and waste to achieve the
Tasks of UN jobs in Kenya – INTERN:
- Carry out analysis on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), sustainable consumption and production (SCP) and circular economy to support elaboration of briefings, articles, presentations, and other documents.
- Prepare regional and national idea notes and presentation on SCP and its environmental impacts for the difference regions, using UNEPs SCP-Hotspot Analysis Tool (SCP-HAT).
- Help with the coordination of GO4SDGs activities, including keeping an updated calendar of events, organizing periodical meetings with internal and external partners in priority topics.
- Asset engagement of youth in regional and global dialogues around green jobs for youth – in close cooperation with ILO and UNICEF, including preparation of background papers and concept notes.
- Prepare powerpoint representations and briefings for GO4SDGs events.
- Helping the communications and outreach of GO4SDGS events and cooperation with the team of “10 Year Framework of Programmes on SCP – (10YFP). This includes drafting invitations, writing reports, preparing presentations, developing designs and layouts or electronic invitations for social media, and other news coverage, drafting briefings, and speaking points. These activities will be done in coordinating with GO4SDGs communication expert.
- Maintain up to date the GO4SDGs network and database of internal and external partners (identify opportunities, encourage outreach, link to other platforms and websites).
- UN jobs in Kenya Slum Upgrading and Urban Regeneration Expert
- UN job in Kenya Pavilion Coordination Consultant
Qualifications of UN jobs in Kenya – INTERN:
- Be enlisted in a graduate school Programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Be enlisted in the final academic year of a first university degree Programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent.
- Have or is undertaking the following courses: – Environmental Science, Data Science, Chemistry, Biology, Health, International Development, Design Studies Project Development, International Studies, Economics or alike.
- Have illustrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Have a illustrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes the willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
No working background is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advanced course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position(s) advertised, fluency in English is needed; and [‘fluency’ or ‘knowledge’] of French is [‘desirable’ or ’an advantage’]. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an benefit.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Kenya, please click here.