Brief details about UN jobs in Nepal – Programme Analyst:
- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: UN jobs in Nepal Kathmandu
- Grade: Volunteer – International Specialist – Internationally recruited Volunteer
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-07-03
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in Nepal – Programme Analyst job:
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Based on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risk disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
UN jobs in Nepal – Programme Analyst tasks:
- Liaise with UN agents in the country to ensure an understanding of UNV’s mandate, key offers and the added value that UN Volunteer assignments bring in support to the achievement of their respective mandates;
- Sustain business intelligence on UN agencies, identifying specific entry points to diversify partnerships with the key result of increased volunteer assignments, including the assessment and reporting on the forecast demand for UN Volunteers in the country;
- Recognize volunteer placement opportunities and present UNV value proposition and volunteer modalities with the objective of maximizing international and national volunteer presence, including collaboration in the preparation of descriptions of assignment, with partner agencies and other partners, ensuring diversity, inclusion and gender equality;
- Assure that incoming and outgoing UN Volunteers are adequately briefed and debriefed and extend personal support and guidance to UN Volunteers serving in the country;
- Work closely with the Field Security Officer and provide support to the UN Designated Official to ensure a detailed knowledge among UN Volunteers on all security-related issues;
- Observe the well-being and performance of serving UN Volunteers through routine field visits to their duty stations and discussions with their supervisors and counterparts;
- Manage and approve UN Volunteers’ entitlements as delegated, authorized, or needed;
- Provide overall management and administrative help to UN Volunteers.
2. Advocacy, partnership building, and UNV programme integration
- Led UNVs’ field efforts as the agent of the organization in the country, ensuring key results and delivery of the Strategic Framework and the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Establish, foster and sustain effective outreach and relationships, including the formalization of partnerships and other exchanges of confidence such as inclusion in the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF), as well as with government, UN agencies, NGOs, the private sector and other relevant development partners;
- Partake in UN thematic forces, UN-led assessments, Programme Management Team (PMT) meetings, post-conflict needs assessments, UNSDCF planning processes, technical missions, and funding appeals to identify opportunities for volunteerism and volunteer placement;
- Within the corporate importance of the Strategic Framework, establish, foster and maintain effective outreach and relationships with local civil society organizations, prioritizing those focused on volunteerism, to contribute to community-led sustainable development and talent outreach in the country;
- Facilitate national and local actors to establish a framework on volunteer infrastructure that supports volunteerism for peace and development, including the adoption of relevant policies and legislation;
- In line with the priorities of the Strategic Framework, strengthen and determine business intelligence related to partnerships, promotion of volunteerism and shaping and delivering volunteer infrastructure advisory services and conduct country scans as input for corporate planning processes;
- In close coordination with the Regional Office and the Communications Section at headquarters, prepare, disseminate and present country-specific promotional information on the mandate and work of UNV with relevant development partners and the media;
- Coordinate movements and plan events, in collaboration with other agencies, for annual, national, and UN-recognized international celebrations, including the International Volunteer Day (IVD);
- Encourage and observe serving UN Volunteers to embrace the ideals of volunteerism, act as advocates for volunteer action, and document their experiences in promoting volunteerism;
- Help integration of the UNV modality into relevant policy, planning and programme documents.
- Develop and handle the implementation of the Field Unit’s annual work plan, including management and reporting on UNV support funds and budget, volunteer mobilization forecast;
- Guide the UNV country-presence to ensure coordinated and effective delivery of services as well as enable a supportive and collaborative work environment;
- Handle any UNV assigned personnel within the FU including supervision, performance assessment and capacity development;
- Prepare mission briefs and analytical overview for HQ and regional management missions;
- Establish and observe implementation of the FU’s annual work plan and set performance indicators; and
- Assure timely and quality reporting on the results achieved.
UN jobs in Nepal – Programme Analyst qualifications:
- Master’s degree in social sciences, international development, project management, public/business administration or connected fields;
- A bachelor’s degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying background may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree.
- 2 years of appropriate work experience preferably in a humanitarian, development and/or peace related field;
- Background in partnerships and/or inter-agency cooperation is essential;
- Work background with the United Nations is an asset;
- Prior experience in a civil society setting and/or as a volunteer with volunteer management and/or promotion of volunteerism is a distinct advantage;
- Background in Microsoft office and internet;
- Openness to adopt Digital Transformation and use of new technologies;
- Fluency in English and Nepali.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Nepal, please click here.