Brief details about UN jobs in New York City – Technical Officer:
- Organization: WHO – World Health Organization
- Location: UN jobs in New York City
- Grade: Mid level – P-3, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-07-09
The(WHO) is a technical agency of the accountable for international public health. It was founded in 1948 and is headquartered in , , with six regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.WHO’s mission is to encourage health, maintain the world safe, and serve the vulnerable, guided by science and committed to the well-being of all people. The organization works with governments, civil society, international organizations, foundations, advocates, researchers, and health employees to advance the health and security of al.WHO’s areas of involvement include public health, AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, dengue, and more. The agency is led by a director-general appointed by the WHO Secretariat, which carries out routine operations and helps implement strategies.
UN jobs in New York City – Technical Officer tasks:
The duties of UN jobs in New York City – Technical Officer are
- Provide and coordinate inputs for reports organized by WHO to the High-Level Political Forum (HLPF), UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), and UN General Assembly (UNGA).
- Work with counterparts in Member States to help the strengthening of health-related language in UN resolutions.
- Provide content to authorized documents, speeches and talking points, briefing notes, press releases and statements, including UN Secretary General’s reports.
- Contribute to the advertising of WHO policies, positions, and interests in public health priorities with various New York-based stakeholders, including through active participation in relevant conferences and meetings.
- Systematically back and participate in thematic sessions, including the High-Level Political Forum(HLPF); Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities(CRPD); Commission on Social Development (CSocD), and the Commission on Population and Development.
- Provide substantive help to high-level, consultative and other meetings and conferences, including proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations.
- Promote and help the development of relevant networks, alliances, and multi-stakeholder partnerships in order to advance the interests of the Organization in public health priorities
- Conduct all other related duties as assigned.
- UN jobs in New York Consultants at UNICEF
- UN jobs in New York Deputy Director of Financial Management
UN jobs in New York City – Technical Officer qualifications:
The requirements of UN jobs in New York City – Technical Officer are
- A first university degree from a acknowledged university in political science, international relations, diplomacy, public health or other related field relevant to the function.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s level or above) in public health, political science, international relations, diplomacy or other related field appropriate to the function.
- A minimum of five years of background in global health diplomacy and in a multi-sectorial/multi-agency environment.
- Illustrated exposure at the international level and with supporting inter-governmental negotiations.
- Background in one or more UN agencies.
- Background in non-communicable diseases and mental health.
- Substantial interpersonal skills and proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong understanding and skills in the area of public health along with strong skills in the implementation of a diverse array of public health programmes.
- Actively encounters in conversation with the key players in a multicultural environment both within and outside the organization, using tact and diplomacy in dealing with politically sensitive situations.
- Sound knowledge of the UN development agenda, within the health context.
- Strong public health and strategic thinking background showing resourcefulness, initiative, leadership qualities and skills to deal with difficult situations and sensitive settings.
- Illustrated ability to identify, assess, analyze, synthesize and provide recommendations on key political and technical issues.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in New York City , please click here.