Brief details about UN jobs in New York – Project Coordination Specialist:
- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: New York City
- Grade: Mid level – P-3, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Women’s Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-07-06
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in New York – Project Coordination Specialist job:
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Based on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risk disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
Tasks of UN jobs in New York – Project Coordination Specialist:
Coordinate the provision of EIF aid to prospective and current EIF fund recipients
- Provide technical advice on the EIF’s operations to T/PCC, Participating UN Organizations (PUNO) and enforcing partners during each stage of the EIF project life-cycle including formulation of Letters of Interest (LOI) and detailed project proposals and supporting annexes;
- Provide technical direction to EIF fund recipients and applicants including on the UN HRDDP and HACT policy;
- Provide specialized advice and support on project planning, implementation, and monitoring and reporting systems including the identification of performance indicators and monitoring the achievement of results;
- Coordinate ongoing relationships with EIF fund recipients, implementing partners and other key stakeholders to support project implementation, build capacity, and to identify potential problems early and to provide solutions;
- Follow up on necessary action/outstanding issues and report on outcomes and results to the EIF Fund Manager and Secretariat.
Provide technical help and advice to the EIF Fund Manager and EIF fund recipients throughout the project management life-cycle
- Coordinate the study and analysis of LOIs, project proposals and supporting documentation in accordance with the EIF Terms of Reference (TOR, https://mptf.undp.org/sites/default/files/documents/30000/tor_elsie_fund_final.pdf), Monitoring and Evaluation Framework (MEF, https://elsiefund.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/221021-EIF-MEF-V1.0.pdf) and Operations Manual (https://elsiefund.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/221021-EIF-OPS-MANUAL-V1.0-Published.pdf);
- Manage completion of project documentation for each project prior to submission to the EIF Steering Committee;
- Compile and synthesize recommendation provided by the Technical Committee on project proposals to prospective EIF fund recipients for inclusion in fund recipient project proposals and supporting annexes;
- Identify, monitor and track all follow-up EIF and fund recipient reporting actions and requirements;
- Manage and monitor the allocation and disbursement of project funds to EIF fund recipients and drafting of EIF project approval letters.
Contribute to the administration, monitoring and reporting of EIF projects as per the Fund’s Programming Cycle
- Coordinate the EIF’s annual reporting in accordance with MPTFO annual reporting timeframes, focusing on results, output and results;
- Coordinate preparation and receipt of EIF fund recipient’s budgets, project (budget) revisions, expenditure tracking and annual economic reporting;
- Prepare and check for correctness, the submission of EIF fund recipient’s annual financial reporting to the MPTFO in agreement with MPTFO annual reporting timeframes;
- Coordinate standard inputs to the EIF’s Annual Workplan and other UNW and UN reporting as required;
- Manage the management, coordination and storage of all EIF project and related documentation in accordance with EIF Information Management procedures;
- Draft precise Steering Committee and Technical Committee meeting minutes.
Supervise EIF staff and consultants
- Manage Secretariat members and consultants to ensure EIF team outputs are coordinated and accurate, in accordance with agreed EIF timeframes;
- Check performance, mentor/ coach EIF personnel and consultants and conduct performance assessments;
- Manage recruitment processes, as necessary.
Advocate and simplify knowledge-building and management and communication
- Arrange high-level Programming Round launches, advocacy campaigns, events, and workshops;
- Contribute to the exchange of information and knowledge products internally and externally;
- Supervise activities and other promotional events to engage Security institutions / Donors, and other key stakeholders to expand and/or sustain interest in and resources for EIF activities;
- Recognize best practices and lessons learned to guide programme improvement and strategy planning;
- Provide substantive help and representation at conferences and meetings where required.
Key Implementation Indicators
- Timely and quality performance of Programme/Portfolio activities against set workplans, timelines and budgets;
- Quality and timely reporting in agreement with MPTFO and EIF reporting schedules;
- Strong connections with partners and stakeholders;
- Stable and timely monitoring of EIF program and T/PCC project activities;
- Timely and quality performance of EIF activities and events in line with work plan;
- Improved best practices and lessons learned documented and circulated.
Qualifications of UN jobs in New York – Project Coordination Specialist:
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equal in political science, social science, economics, business administration, accounting, finance, program administration or another relevant field.
- A first-level university degree in mixture with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP® would be an added benefit.
- At least 5 years of responsible background at the national or international level in supporting the management of complex and multi-component programme interventions on gender equality with national partners, preferably related to international development and with security sector knowledge.
- Background in project management including coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating development programmes and projects, is an asset.
- Background working in or with an international peace operation, in either a military, police or civilian capacity, is highly desirable.
- Background in the United Nations system, civil society, or related area, in gender, peace, security or humanitarian issues is an asset.
- Fluency in speaking, writing, and reading English is needed.
- Fluency in speaking, writing, and reading French or Spanish is highly desirable.
- Working understanding of another official United Nations language is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in New York, please click here.