Brief details about UN jobs in Norway – Incident Management Project Manager :
- Organization: NRC – Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Norway | Oslo
- Grade: Mid level – Mid level
- Occupational Groups:
- Public Health and Health Service
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-07-14
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in Norway – Incident Management Project Manager job:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an autonomous humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in emergencies across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for individuals forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve the international and local capability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also conducts the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Tasks of UN jobs in Norway – Incident Management Project Manager :
As the Project Manager, you will be overall accountable for leading this work in accordance with the overall project plan. This includes being responsible for content development, follow up and reporting on the project.
You will be responsible to a Steering Committee and act as the main focal point for the entire organisation on the development, represent the organisational needs and perspectives, coordinate with various key informants and view users in defining requirements, and interact with a digital team on the technical solution (s).
- Map incident taxonomy (categories), recent incident management procedures, gaps and system needs, involving key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Develop a complex project plan with key milestones and deliverables.
- Outline the incident administration organisation and draft standard operational procedure (s) in collaboration with the Working Group and other key stakeholders.
- Develop Terms of Reference for technological solution development based on initial system requirements and hire digital solution consultancy in collaboration with ICT/D-team.
- Evaluate the adequacy of various digital solutions and provide a recommendation on future solutions for NRC.
- Guide the engagement with all key stakeholders to define requirements, validate, assumptions, and test prototypes during development.
- Contribute to the design and performance of the chosen technical solution and its components, including potential hands-on prototyping and testing of features.
- Develop and enforce a communication and change management plan.
- Assureadequate and timely communication on the project and act as a focal point for communication with partners, consultants, and service providers.
- Regional Head of Core Competencies and Thematic Unit ALAR job at NRC in Norway
- UN jobs in Norway Global Lead, Cash and Voucher Assistance
Qualifications of UN jobs in Norway – Incident Management Project Manager :
- Minimum 3 years of appropriate Project Management experience (such as with PRINCE2 or similar).
- Skills related to and/or background in driving organisational change processes.
- Capability to provide leadership that creates engagement, buy-in and focus on finding solutions.
- Capability to carry out consultations across complex international organisations and develop strategy/plans.
- Illustrated understanding of database systems modelling.
- Background in leading IT projects, particularly from a business owner’s perspective is an asset.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Result and service-oriented with excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Structured and systematic with the ability to plan and prioritize work with tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral. French, Arabic, and/or Spanish is an asset.
- High ethical standards and knowledge of data protection and confidentiality requirements
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Norway, please click here.