The worldwide development network of the UN is known as the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). About 170 nations and regions are served by UNDP, which works to eradicate poverty and lessen inequality and exclusion. In order to maintain development outcomes, we assist nations in developing policies, leadership competencies, teamwork skills, institutional capacities, and resilience building.
Also, Apply:UN Jobs in Pakistan-Chief Health
The planet is at a pivotal point right now. During this time, there is a tremendous chance, in our opinion at UNDP, to progress the global sustainable development agenda. In an effort to eradicate poverty, safeguard the environment, and guarantee that everyone lives in peace and wealth, global leaders approved the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in September 2015. New frameworks for growth, disaster risk mitigation, and climate change are being strengthened by UNDP. We back nations’ efforts to fulfill the Sustainable Development Goals, also known as the Global Goals, which will determine the top objectives for global development through 2030.
About UN Jobs in Pakistan-Cross Cutting Practice- National Experts Roster
In order to build a direct connection between humanitarian efforts, recovery planning, and the transition to sustainable development paths, UNDP is in a good position to assist from the outset of crises. This is stated explicitly in UNDP’s Strategic Plan 2022–2025, which aims to improve countries’, institutions’, and people’s abilities to prevent, mitigate, and respond to a variety of risks and crises, whether they result from social and economic shocks, natural disasters, conflicts, or any combination of these.
. In this regard, the Agency has developed a Floods Response Plan to address the numerous development challenges caused by the unprecedented natural disaster. Realized through the execution of the Resilient Recovery to Floods 2022 Project, the response plan calls for revitalizing livelihoods, restoring community infrastructure and access to services, and improving governance-based response to address the flood emergency in Pakistan.
While it is crucial to respond to urgent and critical humanitarian needs wherever they arise, these actions must be supported by concurrent efforts to address rapidly expanding multi-dimensional vulnerabilities, improve shock resilience, safeguard development gains, and invest in local civil society capacities as an important force for change in sustainable development. Additionally, immediate action is required to defend fundamental human rights such as those to education, health, employment, housing, and food as well as to combat marginalization and intergenerational poverty, all of which will worsen the problems. The UNDP has started a number of programs to improve the resilience of vulnerable communities by working directly at the community level in response to the present situation and difficulties.
The UNDP Country Office is taking action to ensure its readiness to serve Pakistan and its inhabitants in times of crises in this particular context and with the requirement to be able to respond to any sort of conflict and/or catastrophe. In this aim, the National Experts Roster is being developed by the UNDP Pakistan Country Office.
Responsibilities of the UN Jobs in Pakistan-Cross Cutting Practice- National Experts Roster
Applicants would need to be knowledgeable in one or more of the following practice areas in order to be taken into consideration for inclusion on the roster:
Public outreach and communications
- Development and implementation of communication and public awareness strategy on different topics including but not limited to : disaster risk assessment, management, preparedness and response, climate change and climate resilience, gender mainstreaming, SDG, social inclusion, inter-agency coordination, elections, etc.
- Social media
- Professional photographer and/or video maker
- Graphic design
- Web design
- Translation/Interpretation including ethnic/local languages
Expertise in collaborative learning
- CSO’s/CBO’s capacity building
- Development of trust and mutual understanding among different actors
- Empowerment of national leaders
- Conceptualization of training programmes on different aspects
- Development of training curriculums
- Agricultural topics related training
- MSME business model development training
Management of programs and projects
- Administrative services support
- Financial services support
- Procurement services support
- ICT services support
- Project implementation support
- Civil engineer
- Civil works oversight and quality assurance
- Preparation of Bill of Quantity for Civil works
- Site engineer
- Monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
- Value chain assessments
- Project exit strategy developer
Requirements of the UN Jobs in Pakistan-Cross Cutting Practice- National Experts Roster
- A bachelor’s degree (for implementation support) and a graduate degree (Master’s or equivalent) in business administration, management, economics, finance, banking, international development, sociology, communications, agriculture, law, environmental sciences, natural resource economics, or a related field are both required.
- Implementation Support: A master’s degree in a related discipline and at least three years of related work experience, or a bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least five years of relevant job experience.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline and at least 10 years of related work experience are required for specialist support.
- Excellent native language writing and speaking abilities are essential, as well as a strong mastery of English.