Brief details about UN jobs in Paris – Ethics Advisor at UNESCO:
- Organization: UNESCO – United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
- Location: UN jobs in Paris
- Grade: Senior level – P-5, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Social Affairs
- Ombudsman and Ethics
- Closing Date: 2023-07-26
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in Paris – Ethics Advisor at UNESCO job:
UNESCO, or the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, is a specialized agency of the United Nations aimed at promoting world peace and security through international cooperation in education, arts, sciences, and culture. Here are some key facts about UNESCO:
Mission: To contribute to the building of a culture of peace, the eradication of poverty, sustainable development, and intercultural dialogue through education, the sciences, culture, communication, and information
Members: UNESCO has 195 Members and 8 Associate Members It also has partners in the non-governmental, intergovernmental, and private sector
Headquarters: UNESCO’s headquarters are located in Paris, France
Field Offices: UNESCO has more than 50 field offices around the world
Programs: UNESCO works to ensure that every child and every citizen has access to quality education. It also promotes cultural heritage and the equal dignity of all cultures
Tasks of UN jobs in Paris – Ethics Advisor at UNESCO:
- Provide advice and direction to management and staff on professional ethics standards and on specific policy and practice issues.
- Assure compliance with the Organization’s Rules and Regulations, Standards of Conduct and specific policies in place.
- Assure implementation and administration of the Organization’s Declaration of Interest and Financial Disclosure Programme.
- Assure implementation of the Organization’s Whistleblower Protection, Anti-Harassment, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, and Conflict of Interest Policies.
- Develop and perform ethics training programmes for staff, managers, and non-staff personnel and ensure its delivery across the Organization, through ethics training workshops and briefings.
- Partake in the development and implementation of organizational change programmes as needed.
- Oversee the human and financial resources of the Ethics Office.
Qualifications of UN jobs in Paris – Ethics Advisor at UNESCO:
- Advanced university degree or comparable higher-level qualification in Law, Audit and Investigations, Public/Business Management/Administration, Human Resources Management, Social Sciences or related field, with a special focus on administrative or corporate ethics, industrial psychology or labour relations.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional background in public/private or international institutions in the field of corporate ethics.
- Background in policies and practices in the areas of ethical standards, ethics and compliance programmes (such as conflict of interest, anti-harassment), code of conduct, accountability, compliance frameworks and/or financial disclosure policies.
- Background in the preparation and implementation of ethics training modules and information packages for the staff.
Skills and Competencies
- Proven conceptual and analytical skills including the capacity to collect, synthesis and analyse information from various sources and the capacity to develop policy and provide advice on professional ethics standards and issues.
- Champion of UNESCO’s importance and commitment to the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including an innovative and pragmatic approach to find appropriate solutions to key issues.
- Proficient integrity, diplomacy, tact, and independence of mind.
- Demonstrated capability to communicate, advocate, and negotiate with all levels of staff, including senior executives.
- An innovator with risk management ability and a proven track record as a successful agent of change.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and proven ability to prepare, present and discuss findings and recommendations on issues clearly and concisely.
- Proven capability to lead, manage and motivate a team in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent understanding of, and drafting skills in, one of the working languages (English or French) of the Organization and working knowledge of the other language.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Paris, please click here.