Brief details about UN jobs in South Sudan – Assistant Asset Manager:
- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: South Sudan
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-06-28
The( ) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
UN jobs in South Sudan – Assistant Asset Manager tasks:
The duties of UN jobs in South Sudan – Assistant Asset Manager are:
- Helping for scheduling of construction, repair, maintenance and installation of conventional building, temporary building, infrastructure and sites and premises including grounds in the Mission area;
- Helping for technical assessments of existing buildings and infrastructure;
- Aiding ad hoc tradesmen, local junior staff assigned to the team by determining workloads and schedules;
- Inspecting and recommending for approval work orders and assign day to day repair maintenance task to tradesmen being supervised;
- Inspect and report on construction project work and maintenance work carried out either by contractors or tradesmen and staff under supervision and ensure proper utilization of available resources;
- Advising on conditions for ordering construction materials, maintenance project, equipment, spare parts, materials and building supplies;
- Helping in the preparation of cost estimates for infrastructure projects and maintenance programmes;
- Aiding in preparation of bills of quantities and costing for infrastructure projects;
- Aiding in technically evaluating bids and proposals for construction projects;
- Following-up in correction of defects in material;
- Providing inputs periodically for assessment performance levels of assigned local and international staff;
- Accountable in checking and reminding the Chief of Unit/Section of unusual occurrence and/or damage on engineering assets that have taken place or likely to occur;
- Recording all and ensure proper custody of data on engineering assets, equipment;
- Tracking and recognizing assets under construction (AuC);
- Assuring that assets classified as (AuCs) and assets in use are properly recorded, according to UN Guidelines and IPSAS standards;
- Studying for Tally records against warehouse inventories / asset register,
- Assuring consistency in barcoding of engineering assets,
- Initiating asset Write Offs and other related duties.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are needed to:
- Reinforce their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be familiarized with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field backgrounds and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Help with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Boost or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
UN jobs in South Sudan – Assistant Asset Manager qualifications:
The requirements of UN jobs in South Sudan – Assistant Asset Manager are:
- 5 years of background in international engineering/ construction business.
- Engineering assets management background/ Real estate management experience.
- Background in a multi-national organizational environment is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to prioritize tasks, and handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion.
- Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (excel, word, power point) and other IT applications and office technology equipment.
- Expertise in Microsoft Project needed.
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- Sound security attention.
- Have a valid driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4×4 Heavy and light duty vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree or equal in civil engineering from an accredited and internationally or nationally recognized university.
English, Level: Fluent, Needed.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in South Sudan, please click here.