Brief details about UN jobs in South Sudan – (ICT) Specialist :
- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: South Sudan
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Communication and Public Information
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2023-07-05
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in South Sudan – (ICT) Specialist job:
The( ) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
Tasks of UN jobs in South Sudan – (ICT) Specialist :
- Assures implementation of ICT strategies and introduction and implementation of new technologies, for the Country Office, outposted project teams and Government counterparts, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with corporate information administration and technology standards, guidance, and procedures for the CO technology environment.
- ICT Analysis of the condition and elaboration of internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT. CT business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in ICT management, control of the work- flows in the ICT team.
- Participation in the business approach reengineering activities and ensure that business needs drive IT
- solutions related to corporate resource management.
Conduct of market analysis and analysis, and introduction of new technology for country office system updating and improvement.
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new ICT equipment for the CO and projects, provision of specialized specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets.
- Evolution and update of the ICT annual plan and road map. Development and update of the business continuity plan, disaster recovery plan, ICT infrastructure and training plans. Follow up on their implementation.
- Provision of influential and client-oriented services.
- Advise and provide technical help to Programme and Project Managers, and their government counterparts, on ICT issues, focusing on the following results:
- Illustration of the UNOCHA Corporate ICT Policy to the Management to ensure sound understanding before major ICT Management decisions are made.
- Provision of adequate information to the Management to ensure that the right budgetary allocation is made for the ICT Unit and Office ICT needs. Preparation of ICT Unit Work plan focusing on the input and needs of the office and based on the approval of the Senior Management.
- Oversees hardware and software packages, as requested by Country Office Management, Programmes and Project teams, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Project and counterpart hardware and software platforms meet the standards and the Country Office key business processes.
- Provision of advice on supervision of equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies.
- Management of the implementation of corporate UNOCHA systems.
- Growth of new software for high impact results. office management system, e- registry, intranet, etc
- Assures efficient networks administration at project and out-posted sites, focusing on achievements of the following results:
- Monitoring of the computing resources to provide a stable and responsive environment.
- Function of network utility procedures defining network users and security attributes establishing directories, menus, and drive-mappings, configuring network printers, and providing user access.
- Monitoring of backup and restoration techniques for both server and local drives.
- Timely upgrade of LAN infrastructure and Internet connectivity to meet UNDP requirements.
- Provision of specialized advice on network administration to other agencies as required; monitoring and preparation of bills for cost-recovery for the services provided.
- Helps the UNOCHA Juba ICT Unit in the Capacity Building and mentoring of the members of UNOCHA project teams and their government counterparts, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of appropriate training opportunities/workshops for the ICT staff that will improve on their skills and knowledge.
- Better knowledge of the ICT Policy by staff members. This will be achieved by sharing and explaining UNOCHA ICT policy to staff members
- Nicely working relations of ICT staff with other staff members by offering over- all guidance and mentoring to Unit team members in their day-to-day activities.
- Provides web administration support services for projects and counterparts, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of possibilities and ways of converting business processes into web-based systems to address the issues of efficiency (e.g. office management systems, donor profile software, knowledge management systems).
- Creation and technical supervision of the CO websites and Intranet.
- Provision of specialized advice on web management to other agencies as required and monitoring/preparation of bills for cost-recovery for the services provided
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the office and amongst partners, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, understanding management and sharing, information provision.
- Organization of training for the functions/projects staff on ICT issues.
- Synthesis of lessons learned, and best practices directly connected to ICT management.
- Sound contributions to understanding networks and communities of practice
- UN jobs in South Sudan Social Protection Consultant
- UN jobs in South Sudan Reporting Officer / Information Analyst
Qualifications of UN jobs in South Sudan – (ICT) Specialist :
- 3 years of background in ICT management, preferable in an international public organization;
- Background in IT Systems Management or equivalent at complex sites (heterogeneous clients
and servers, multiple Internet servers including Web, Email and DNS);
- Background in Planning, design and implementation of IT systems;
- Training background in IT and communication systems;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Capability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overal
- computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Desirable: valid national driver’s license and proven capability to drive manual gear 4×4 over rough terrain; (if not applicable, delete)
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in Humanitarian coordination, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable growth, and the UN System.
Bachelor’s degree or equal in Information systems, information management, computer science, telecommunications, or related discipline with strong specialization in ICT areas, Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) and Microsoft certified systems engineer (MCSE).
- English, Level: Fluent, Needed
- Arabic, Level: Working knowledge, Desirable
If you are looking for more UN jobs in South Sudan, please click here.