Brief details about UN jobs in South Sudan – Logistics Officer:
- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: South Sudan
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2023-07-07
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in South Sudan – Logistics Officer job:
The( ) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
Tasks of UN jobs in South Sudan – Logistics Officer:
- In compliance with the World Health Organization (WHO) rules and regulation, based on a comprehensive forecast of the supply demands and in collaboration with the relevant stakeholder, plan an end to end, timely provision of quality and adequate supplies, equipment and consumables for the health & medical operations.
- Simplify customs clearance, reception, transportation, storage and distribution to all UNMISS UNOE Level-I facilities.
- Execute UNMISS medical warehouse store and inventory; implement stock control mechanisms, including Inventory Analysis. Ensure availability of most of the routine items and 100% availability of life saving and critical medical stores.
- Keep the required stockpiles of essential emergency equipment.
- Assure that water, sanitation, and infection control required activities are in place and up to standard for all health facilities.
- Develop, update, and enforce a mission list for drugs and medical consumables, based on generic drugs produced according to the World Health Organization (WHO) standards.
- Keep a system for ongoing inspections of drug safety in all UNMISS Level 1 Clinics.
- Present day-to-day advice on pharmaceutical issues.
- devise the medical administrator/requisitioner on the specification of drugs to be requisitioned.
- Submit a prudent scale of issue for the planning of re-supply, including determination of safety stock & reorder quantity for each item.
- Contribute to the facilitation of an unrestrained supply of drugs, medical consumables, vaccines, condoms (male and female) and blood in the mission.
- Observe the consumption of drugs, laboratory reagents, medical and surgical consumables in all UNMISS Level-I Clinics.
- Storing and record keeping of stocks.
- Responsible for the applicable medical supplies and equipment according to recommended guidelines.
- Partaking in logistics operations pertaining to the management of expired supplies and re-distribution of medical supplies within the Mission area.
- Carry out appropriate and regular reporting on demand by Head Pharmacist.
- Conduct other related duties as required.
- UN jobs in South Sudan Assistant Asset Manager
- UN jobs in South Sudan Water and Sanitation Technician
Qualifications of UN jobs in South Sudan – Logistics Officer:
- 5 years of background in managing medical inventory and supply operations in multi-specialty hospitals, and medical stores.
- Desirable: Prior working background with the UN, health clusters partners, military, recognized humanitarian organizations or with an international nongovernmental organization. Experience, or knowledge of import/export and customs administration.
- Background in a UN mission or large international organization an asset.
- Reliable computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.) and other IT applications and office technology equipment.
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable growth , and the UN System.
- Sound security awareness.
- Outstanding oral and written English skills; excellent drafting, reporting skills.
- Precision and professionalism in document production and editing.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners.
- Capability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- Self-motivated, capability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equal in medical inventory management, pharmacy, or related field from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Desirable: Proficient certification/qualification in areas of supply chain management.
Degree or training in information management systems and their application to logistic, transport or supply management and monitoring.
English, Level: Fluent, Needed
If you are looking for more UN jobs in South Sudan, please click here.