Brief details about UN jobs in South Sudan – Monitoring Assistant:
- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: South Sudan
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2023-07-04
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in South Sudan – Monitoring Assistant job:
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
Tasks of UN jobs in South Sudan – Monitoring Assistant:
- Helps in verification of the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Aids in maintaining information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
- Helps in collating assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support program reviews and informative decision-making.
- Helps the effort of the team dealing with the cooperating partners and internal counterparts in gathering feedback.
- Aids the team in preparing field mission reports to document programme implementation.
- Follow set crisis response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
Qualifications of UN jobs in South Sudan – Monitoring Assistant:
- An undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in Agriculture, social Sciences, and other related disciplines from acknowledged/accredited institutions. Academic qualifications must have been obtained within the previous year or present year with an academic average score of 70% and above (Second class upper and above).
- Professional in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word
- Must be a resident of South Sudan
- Articulate in English and the local language of the duty station
- Conform to travel and work at the duty station.
- Does not have a first-level family partner working for WFP (father, mother, brother, sister, son, or daughter)
If you are looking for more UN jobs in South Sudan, please click here.