Brief details about UN jobs in South Sudan – Reporting Officer / Information Analyst:
- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: South Sudan
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Communication and Public Information
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2023-07-05
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in South Sudan – Reporting Officer / Information Analyst job:
The( ) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
Tasks of UN jobs in South Sudan – Reporting Officer / Information Analyst:
- Collating, coordinating, verifying and analyzing information from a wide range of sources, including UNMISS civilian and military personnel, UN Humanitarian and Development Agencies, Funds and Programmes, International and National Non-Governmental Organizations (INGOs, NNGOs) and State and Local Government Authorities to determine and report on conflict related incidents, trends, patterns and dynamics in Western Equatoria State (WES) as well as along the South Sudan border areas with the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and Central Africa Republic (CAR);
- Drafting and submitting the Field Office consolidated reports, including daily sitreps, weekly and monthly reports as well as other thematic reports.
- Producing forward-looking reports within the context of the UNMISS Early Warning Strategy that integrates and considers all the information collected, resulting in clearly identified priorities on which the Field Office should focus its efforts.
- Sustaining up-to-date data or reports in the SAGE.
- Building influential networks with Mission components, state and local authorities, international and national humanitarian and development partners, civil society and the communities.
- Sustaining up-to-date knowledge and understanding of political and security issues.
- Monitoring and providing research on events, incidents, trends and dynamics that may affect the implementation of the Mission mandate and safety and security of staff and operations.
- Leading operational planning and coordination of the Field Office activities or operations including facilitating tabletop and field training exercises.
- Helping the Area Security Management Team, Field Crisis Management Team, Senior Management Meetings, and responding to specific incidents as required.
- Undertaking other connected responsibilities as tasked by the Team Leader.
Qualifications of UN jobs in South Sudan – Reporting Officer / Information Analyst:
- 3 years of background in sensitive information gathering, triangulation, and analytical report writing skill is required.
- Background in crisis and emergency response, communication, security/protection, and conflict or post-conflict situation is required.
- Background in multi-sectoral planning and coordination of field activities/operations/patrols/missions in conflict or post-conflict setting is required.
- Background working on or demonstrated knowledge of cross-border issues along South Sudan border areas with the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and Central Africa Republic (CAR) is desirable.
- Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) is needed.
A master’s degree or equal in Political affairs, international relations, law, human rights, security, humanitarian affairs, conflict resolution or related area is required.
- English, Level: Fluent, Needed
- French, Level: Working knowledge, Desirable
If you are looking for more UN jobs in South Sudan, please click here.