Brief details about UN jobs in Sudan – Nurse:
- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: UN jobs in Sudan
- Grade: Volunteer – International Specialist – Internationally recruited Volunteer
- Occupational Groups:
- Public Health and Health Service
- Medical Practitioners
- Closing Date: 2023-07-03
The( ) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
UN jobs in Sudan – Nurse tasks:
The duties of UN jobs in Sudan – Nurse are:
- Responding to all medical crises and assisting Medical Officers in providing adequate care; Attending to all staff members, as well as Military Contingents in a walk-in clinic to provide routine medical/nursing care, first aid and assessing fitness to work.
- Guiding to the UN Medical Officer and ensuring effective liaison between the patient and outside primary health care providers/hospitals, following-up on referrals and hospitalization; -Performing diagnostic tests such as Electrocardiogram (EKG), spirometry, emergency blood glucose, etc.
- Designing UN staff traveling on mission or reassignments, including administering appropriate vaccines, recommending malaria prophylaxis, briefing on hygienic precautions during travel and instructing on the content and potential use of a travel kit.
- Sustaining proper documentation in the staff members’ medical files as well as the electronic medical records, such as nurses’ notes, vaccinations, incident reports and reports on work-related illnesses/injuries; -Proactively participating in health promotion activities by advising patients on different issues related to physical and mental health.
- Assessing work environment and other occupational health issues and reporting to the Head Nurse; -Intentional training and mentoring to build capacity of national colleagues. -Ensure general administrative support for the UN Clinic.
- Provides immediate health care to eligible staff -Assist the UN Physicians in developing and providing learning opportunities -Administer minor “outpatient” treatment and immunization requirements. -Maintain the roster of specialists for referral and treatment -Maintain Emergency medical supplies and equipment and be prepared for disaster.
- Minister UN Clinic on a full-time basis and respond to emergencies outside office hours -Make necessary arrangements for Entry, Periodic and Exit Medical Examination of UN staff members conducted by UN Physician. -Enter Medical data of patients into register, patient files and electronic database (Earth Med).
- Assure proper filing of medical and other records; prepare or oversee the preparation of sick leave reports/certificates and certification of sick leave.
- Visit patients in hospital, make all logistical arrangements in the event of medical evacuation, prepare and transmit relevant forms for medical examinations.
- Other connected duties as may be required.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are inspired to:
- Reinforce their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day)
- Be familiarized with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country; network and build relationships with local organizations, groups or individuals, and support and/or participate in local volunteering initiatives.
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection movements.
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field backgrounds and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.
- initiate and/or partake in local volunteer groups, including assisting them in submitting stories and experiences to the World Volunteer Web site.
- Facilitate or advise local groups on the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible; -Encourage, mobilize and support coworkers, fellow UNV volunteers and members of the local community to play an active part in peace and development activities on a voluntary basis.
- Discuss with managers how volunteerism for peace and development can be mainstreamed in the assignment and integrate activities promoting volunteerism for peace and development into work plans.
- Aid with the UNV “buddy Programme” for newly arriving UNV volunteers. Results/Expected Output:
- The volunteer will have contributed to reinforcing the UNISFA Health Services through quality assurance mechanisms.
- Inclusion in Performance Appraisal Report of statement of achievements towards volunteerism for development and capacity building during your assignment such as specific quantification of mobilized volunteers, trained national colleagues, activities, capacities.
- The Volunteer will have created an influence on the efficiency of the Clinic as the incumbent’s own initiative will be decisive in the result of work and timely finalization.
UN jobs in Sudan – Nurse qualifications:
The requirements of UN jobs in Sudan – Nurse are:
- 5 years of background in -Registered Professional Nurse who is a graduate of either an accelerated Baccalaureate Nursing Programme or an accredited Diploma Programme.
- The incumbent of this position is required to have minimum of 5 years of progressive clinical experience in nursing. Further experience in emergency care, occupational and travel medicine is an asset;
- Outstanding written and spoken English ; Arabic desirable;
- Background in a UN mission or large international organization an asset;
- Substantial computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.) and other IT applications and office technology equipment with knowledge in UMOJA and EARTHMED applications is desirable.
- A background in Trauma and Emergency care is required.
- Background in Tropical Medicine, Emergency Medicine and Common Medical Laboratory investigations.
- Must have received training in BLS/ ALS.
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System;
- Sound security awareness.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in -Health
English, Level: Fluent, Needed
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Sudan, please click here.