Brief details about UN jobs in Thailand – Gender Programme Specialist:
- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Women’s Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-06-22
The( ) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
UN jobs in Thailand – Gender Programme Specialist tasks:
The duties of UN jobs in Thailand – Gender Programme Specialist are:
- Back country offices in conducting comprehensive gender analysis/ integrating gender as part of ongoing programmes across sectors (Education, Health, Nutrition and Social Protection) and develop gender briefs for country offices in the region
- Help countries and sectors to plan and implement evidence-based advocacy for the implementation of the Gender Action Plan
- Work closely with sectoral regional advisors and specialists to integrate gender equality analysis and suggestions into programmatic and policy action, including joint re-source mobilization, partnership outreach and management especially girl-led and women’s organizations, national policy and planning, and annual work-planning.
- Track and quality ensure GAP institutional standards and quality assure annual reporting, advising management on response to CO gaps.
- Simplify access to appropriate training for sectoral and office-wide capacity on gender analysis, programme integration, delivery and monitoring of GAP priorities.
- Simplify gender-related knowledge management across country offices including the documentation and dissemination of promising practices
- Help with planning and rollout of interactive webinars to share lessons and good practices thereby building regional, national, and subnational capacities
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Boost their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for in-stance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be familiarized with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field backgrounds and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Help with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Boost or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
UN jobs in Thailand – Gender Programme Specialist qualifications:
The requirements of UN jobs in Thailand – Gender Programme Specialist are:
- 5 years of background in Social Sciences, Gender Studies, Population Studies, Intercultural/multicultural studies
- Past background with women and girls’ empowerment, gender rights is an advantage;
- M&E and reporting skills and background, especially relating to gender programmes, is essential
- Capable to translate theoretic concepts into easy to digest/brief notes and concepts
- Capability to work within tight deadlines
- Needed computer skills (MS Windows, MS Office applications, Infographics)
- Master’s degree or equal in Social Sciences, Gender Studies, Population Studies, Intercultural/multicultural studies
- English, Level: Fluent, Needed
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Thailand, please click here.