Brief details about UN jobs in Thailand – National Disaster Risk Reduction Planning Consultant:
- Organization: UNDRR – United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Location: UN jobs in Thailand , Bangkok
- Grade: Consultancy – Consultant – Contractors Agreement
- Operations and Administrations
- Security policy
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Conflict prevention
- Disaster Management (Preparedness, Resilience, Response and Recovery)
- Closing Date: 2023-06-26
The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) is the lead UN agency for the coordination of disaster risk reduction. UNDRR works globally towards the prevention of new disaster hazard and the reduction of existing disaster risk, helping the Sustainable Development Goals, the Paris Agreement on Climate Change, and other global growth goals. The organization envisions a world where disasters no longer threaten the well-being of people and the future of the planet. UNDER performs transparently, focusing on effective, efficient, and quality organizational performance and program delivery to guarantee and improve the impact of its work
UN jobs in Thailand – National Disaster Risk Reduction Planning Consultant tasks:
The duties of UN jobs in Thailand – National Disaster Risk Reduction Planning Consultant are:
- Work closely with MoNRE/DMH to comprehend the specific needs in reviewing the draft DRR plan 2021-2025
- Help DMH in reviewing the draft sector DRR plan, identify the gaps, and reflect suggested revisions in the plan in line with the relevant national strategies and plans for disaster risk reduction.
- Engage other stakeholders to help enhance the quality of the plan, filling the information gap, and validate the draft DRR plan
- Coordinate with MoNRE/DMH and prepare an inception report which outlines the procedure and tentative methods for the revision of the draft DRR plan 2021-2025.
- Examine and finalize the methodology, approaches and tools to revise the DRR plan.
- Review MoNRE’s first draft DRR plan and identify gaps and assess its alignment with MoNRE activities and some of the key legal and policy instruments including, but not limited to, National Disaster Management Law, National Strategy on DRR 2021-2030, 9th five-year National Social-Economic Development Plan (NSEDP) 2021-2025.
- Simplify stakeholder consultation processes to collect the missing information and validate existing information, incorporate feedbacks
- Update and revise the draft DRR plan and submit to MoNRE/DMH in Lao and English.
- On a daily basis, the advisor will work closely with DMH which serves as MoNRE’s DRR secretariat and collaborate extensively with government and selected non-government stakeholders at the national and sub-national levels.
- The advisor needs to be based in Lao PDR and works under the guidance of and close coordination with the Climate and Disaster-Resilient Development Officer based in the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office in Lao PDR.
- The advisor will report to Programme Management Officer of the UNDRR Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP).
UN jobs in Thailand – National Disaster Risk Reduction Planning Consultant qualifications:
The requirements of UN jobs in Thailand – National Disaster Risk Reduction Planning Consultant are:
- Advanced university degree in natural resources management, environmental science, meteorology/atmospheric science, hydrology, public administration/policy or a related field is needed. A first-level university degree in mixture with a minimum of 2 years additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of background in planning and managing projects/programs in climate and disaster risk reduction/management of the government entities and/or non-governmental organizations is required.
- Background working with Lao PDR’s disaster profile, the system of disaster risk reduction policies, mechanisms, and procedures is required.
- Background working for policy formulation with national stakeholders is desirable.
- Background in the UN system related to disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness, humanitarian development-peace collaboration, response and recovery is desirable.
- Fluency in Laotian and English is needed.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Thailand, please click here.