Brief details about UN jobs in Turkiye – Senior Protection Assistant:
- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: UN jobs in Turkiye , Ankara
- Grade: Administrative support – GS-5/GS-6, General Service – No need for Higher Education – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date: June 29, 2023
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in Turkiye – Senior Protection Assistant job:
TheHigh Commissioner for Refugees ( ) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
Tasks of UN jobs in Turkiye – Senior Protection Assistant:
- Consistently use International and National Law and applicable UN/UNHCR and IASC policy, standards and codes of conduct.
- Provide counseling on protection issues to PoC; liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other appropriate documentation.
- Help activities in protection related AGD based programming with implementing and operational partners.
- Perform preliminary information gathering and interviews in support of eligibility, status determination, durable solutions and social needs assessment.
- Contribute to measures to recognize, prevent and reduce statelessness.
- Contribute to a country-level child protection plan as part of the protection plan.
- Contribute to a country-level education plan for PoC as part of the protection method.
- Monitor Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all protection/solutions movements.
- Partake in individual protection case management including cases of GBV and child protection. Monitor and report on cases of refoulement, expulsion and other protection incidents.
- Help in identifying durable solutions for PoC in voluntary repatriation, local integration and where appropriate, resettlement.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of protection related AGD based programming with enforcing and operational partners.
- Draft reports, routine correspondence, update appropriate databases and compiling statistics within the Area of Responsibility (AoR).
- Contribute to initiatives to improve national and local protection capacities.
- Choose PoC for preliminary interviews and decide which relevant information to share.
- Execute integrity in the delivery of protection services by local implementing partners.
- Conduct other related duties as required.
Qualifications of UN jobs in Turkiye – Senior Protection Assistant:
- 2 years relevant background with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- For International Professional and Field Service positions: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Understanding of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Turkiye, please click here.