Brief details about UN jobs in UNEP – FINANCE AND BUDGET OFFICER:
- Organization: UNEP – United Nations Environment Programme
- Location: UN jobs in UNEP Nairobi
- Grade: Mid level – P-4, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2023-08-03
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in UNEP – FINANCE AND BUDGET OFFICER job:
The( ) is an association established in 1972 to guide and harmonize environmental activities within the United Nations (UN) system. UNEP works closely with its 193 Member States and agents from civil society, businesses, and other major groups and stakeholders to address environmental challenges via the , the world’s highest-level decision-making body on the environment. UNEP advances international cooperation on environmental issues, provides guidance to UN organizations, and encourages the international scientific neighborhood to participate in formulating policy for many of the UN’s environmental projects. UNEP’s efforts are focused on varying the triple planetary crisis of climate change, nature and biodiversity loss, and corruption and waste to achieve the
Tasks of UN jobs in UNEP – FINANCE AND BUDGET OFFICER:
- Checks, analyses and ensures the financial management and budget administration of the Framework Agreements in compliance with the UN Rules and Regulations and European Commission requirements.
- Oversees, prepares, checks and validates budgets of all projects financially supported by the European Commission / European Union.
- Arranges the regular financial monitoring and reporting functions of the portfolios of projects to the European Commission ensuring accuracy of the data.
- Provides substantive aid to manage the Framework Agreements with the European Commission and inform strategic financial decisions.
- Provides suggestions and improvement plans, based on lessons learned from the financial management of the Framework Agreements and other portfolios of projects with the European Commission.
- Checks, analyses and finalizes cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non staff requirements and provides detailed input with respect to resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Shows as the gatekeeper and custodian of the financial risk on the portfolios of projects financed by the European Commission and develops risk mitigation plans.
- Provides direction and support on the financial provisions of the European Commission contractual framework to project teams in UNEP and in the Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs). Secretariats throughout the overall project implementation cycle.
- Develops the capacity of the project teams in UNEP and in the Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs). Secretariats on the financial provisions of the European Commission contractual framework.
- Provides input, drafts periodical and ad-hoc reports, and correspondence on budgetary issues and responses to Senior Management as needed.
- Partakes in inter-departmental meetings on financial matters related to resource requirements and budgetary issues as required.
- Points allotments, authorizes sub-allotments, including redeployment of funds when necessary, ensuring appropriate expenditures.
- Monitors expenses to ensure that they remain within authorized levels.
- Acts as Certifying Officer under Financial Rule 110.4 to ensure that proposed obligations and expenditures are in agreement with approved budgets and established regulations and rules.
- Monitors and oversees the work of subordinate staff, including evaluation of staff performance.
- Gathers and analyses data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
- Performs any other duties as needed.
- UN jobs in Kenya Head of Programme
- UN jobs in Kenya Deduplication and Biometric Adjudication Operator
Qualifications of UN jobs in UNEP – FINANCE AND BUDGET OFFICER:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance or a related field is needed.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying background may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful fulfillment of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible background in finance, administration, budget, business administration or related area is required.
- Three (3) years of experience with the United Nations or similar international organization is required.
- Work Background in the use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Umoja and IPMR is required.
- Background reporting to the European Commission is desirable.
- Background drafting and reviewing management reports is desirable.
- Background applying United Nations Financial Rules and Regulations is desirable.
- Two (2) years or more of background in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- Background using Business Intelligence (BI) in reviewing and interpreting reports is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in UNEP, please click here.