Brief details about UN jobs in United States – Audiovisual Consultant:
- Organization: UNWOMEN – United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Location: United States
- Grade: Consultancy – International Consultant – Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2023-07-07
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in United States – Audiovisual Consultant job:
is a organization committed to gender equality and the empowerment of women. It supports UN Member States in setting global means for achieving gender equality and works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programs, and services required to ensure that the standards are effectively implemented and truly help women and girls worldwide. UN Women is a global advocate for women and girls, working to develop and uphold ideals and create an environment in which every woman and girl can exercise her human rights and live up to her full possibility. is a branch of UN Women that offers membership and donation possibilities to support UN Women programs.
Tasks of UN jobs in United States – Audiovisual Consultant:
Original video content pre-production, production, and post-production (70%):
- Work with the Audiovisual Specialist to commission, oversee, or undertake production of external-facing video products around key transmissions priorities;
- Work with the Audiovisual and Social Media Specialists to create original, engaging social-first video content for UN Women’s global social media channels in line with new trends and best practices;
- Analysis, script and produce video content in line with corporate messaging;
- Perform in-person and remote video shoots as needed during the consultancy period;
- Liaise with production vendors to ensure alignment with UN Women branding and product delivery within funding and deadline;
- Export and help dissemination of video content to appropriate channels, including Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
Help to the AV portfolio (30%):
- Aid implementation of UN Women’s Corporate Video Guidelines and Video Branding Guidelines;
- Check and respond to audiovisual inquiries from HQ, field offices, and external vendors, providing technical guidance on original content production in a timely manner;
- Conduct research and outreach to source appropriate footage and visual materials on gender equality-related topics for UN Women productions, and to fulfill requests from within the UN system, external media, filmmakers, etc.;
- Help the logging and proper backing up of footage and videos in UN Women’s video archive.
Qualifications of UN jobs in United States – Audiovisual Consultant:
- Master’s degree in journalism, filmmaking or a connected field
- At least 5 years of professional background in video production, multimedia journalism or filmmaking
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying background and a strong video portfolio may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of other UN languages (French, Spanish, Arabic) an asset
- Background working in an international organization (e.g. non-profit, UN system, etc.) an asset
If you are looking for more UN jobs in United States, please click here.