Brief details about UN jobs in USA – Communications Analyst:
- Organization: UNWOMEN – United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment
- Location: New York City
- Grade: Junior level – P-2, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Communication and Public Information
- Women’s Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Closing Date: 2023-07-05
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in USA – Communications Analyst job:
is a organization committed to gender equality and the empowerment of women. It supports UN Member States in setting global means for achieving gender equality and works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programs, and services required to ensure that the standards are effectively implemented and truly help women and girls worldwide. UN Women is a global advocate for women and girls, working to develop and uphold ideals and create an environment in which every woman and girl can exercise her human rights and live up to her full possibility. is a branch of UN Women that offers membership and donation possibilities to support UN Women programs.
Tasks of UN jobs in USA – Communications Analyst:
Plan, update and enforce communication and outreach/advocacy strategies and plans
- Analyze the EIF’s necessities and produce and update communication and outreach strategies that include a gender perspective;
- Help the integration of communication, advocacy and outreach strategies into project proposals and other initiatives;
- Research, observe and analyze relevant media and social media coverage, and draft reports;
- Coordinate EIF campaigns and help fund recipient campaigns and special events;
- Provide transmissions and advocacy advice and guidance to EIF Fund recipients globally.
Coordinate and enforce the development and dissemination of EIF advocacy materials
- Develop communication instruments and materials, including drafting speeches and briefing materials for UN Women leadership;
- Recognize and propose information opportunities, activities, approaches and platforms and partners;
- Help the production and dissemination of EIF publications, including annual reports and newsletters, as well as press releases, web and social media content;
- Oversee the translation/adaption/rewriting of information received, printing and dissemination of publications and audio-visual materials.
Plan and coordinate media relations and online presence for the EIF
- Coordinate and oversee all EIF program and project announcements and communications throughout each programming round;
- Create, sustain, and update the EIF’s press contact database;
- Manage and coordinate the EIF relationship globally, with journalists and UN media and communications teams
- Arrange media interviews, press conferences and briefing sessions for press, as required;
- Oversee the EIF’s social media account in line with corporate social media policy.
Build and sustain partnerships and maintain relations with donors
- Aid project focal points throughout the program and project lifecycle including document reviews, drafting of project summaries, and meeting minutes;
- Recognize and develop new communication partnerships and alliances to enhance visibility;
- Liaise with EIF stakeholders and partners and launch outreach to governments, women’s military and police networks, civil society organizations and other groups to ensure information on the EIF’s programming, results and impact reaches the public and donors;
- Help resource mobilization through the preparation of presentations and communications materials for potential donors.
Facilitate knowledge-building and sharing
- Upload information to understanding management systems on a regular basis, including news, updates, and resources;
- Draft talking points as needed and maintain a library of talking points;
- Establish and execute standard operating procedures on communications and advocacy for EIF project recipients;
- Determine and incorporate best practices, emerging and identified lessons directly into EIF guidelines and manuals.
Key Performance Indicators
- High-quality and appropriate written and visual content is produced and disseminated on EIF social media and web platforms on a regular basis
- Timely monitoring of everyday events and trends
- EIF online audience (social media and media coverage) is maintained and expanded
- Quality and timely dissemination of transmissions and advocacy materials in accordance with EIF programming
- Quality study and updates to the EIF communications strategy
- Compliance to UN Women and EIF guidelines and standards
- UN jobs in USA Global Roving Finance Manager
- UN jobs in USA Policy and Knowledge Management Specialist
Qualifications of UN jobs in USA – Communications Analyst:
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in international affairs, communications, public relations, or a applicable field is required;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying background may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- A project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added benefit .
- At least 2 years of professional work background at national or international level in public relations, communications, or advocacy;
- Outstanding drafting skills and experience in writing and producing content for social media, websites, publications, newsletters, annual reports and project documents;
- Background in media relations is an asset;
- Proficient in using graphic design tools including InDesign and Illustrator;
- Background working in gender equality, and at the international level is an asset.
- Fluency in English is needed;
- Working understanding of another UN official language is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in USA, please click here.