Brief details about UN jobs in USA – Driver – Retainer:
- Organization: UNOPS – United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: West | Aweil
- Grade: Administrative support – LICA-2, Local Individual Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Transport and Distribution
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2023-07-03
The United Nations Office for Project Services () is a UN agency that implements infrastructure and procurement projects for the , international financial institutions, governments, and another partners over the world. UNOPS offers implementation, advisory, and transactional services in its five core areas of expertise.. It supply projects in more than 80 countries worldwide, with a portfolio of $3.4 billion in 2021. UNOPS often works in post-disaster and peace and security settings, improving countries, and economies in transition. UNOPS is a member of the United Nations Sustainable Development Group and works closely with other UN entities such as the , the , and the .
UN jobs in USA – Driver – Retainer tasks:
The duties of UN jobs in USA – Driver – Retainer are:
Provision of reliable and secure driving services by
- Driving office vehicles for the field team;
- Gatheringand delivering mail, documents and other items.
Assures proper use of vehicle
He/she will assure proper use of the vehicle through
- accurate supervision of daily vehicle logs;
- provision of inputs to the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
Day-to-day maintenance and cleaning of the assigned vehicle
Assures the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle by
- Checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tries, etc;
- Conducting minor repairs and arranging for major repairs;
- Assuring that the vehicle is kept clean at all times.
Availability of documents/ supplies
Assures availability of all the required documents/supplies including
- Vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, waiver form, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, required spare parts;
- Supervision of accurate fuel logs.
Immediate action in case of an accident
Assures that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
UN jobs in USA – Driver – Retainer qualifications:
The requirements of UN jobs in USA – Driver – Retainer are:
The requirement of UN jobs in USA – Driver – Retainer are:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent is required;
- A Technical Diploma in Automotive is an added benefit.
- A minimum of two (2) years of working as a driver of civilian vehicles is required.
- Understanding of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs areas is an added advantage.
- Background working with NGO and or UN is an added advantage.
- A valid driver’s license type “General” is needed. .
- Language Requirement:
- Fluency in writing, reading and oral English is needed.
- Understanding of local Arabic is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in USA, please click here.