Brief details about UN jobs in USA – Global Roving Finance Manager:
- Organization: NRC – Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: UN jobs in USA
- Grade: Mid level – Mid level
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Managerial positions
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in USA – Global Roving Finance Manager job:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an autonomous humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in emergencies across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for individuals forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve the international and local capability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also conducts the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Tasks of UN jobs in USA – Global Roving Finance Manager:
- Assure that country set up adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
- Enforce NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures
- Sustain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
- Oversee the finance team as well as train line managers and staff on financial responsibilities
- Provide regular study and reports
- Enforce of anti-corruption policy
- Provide an enabling environment for the performance of cash-based interventions, through working across programme and support teams and the development of relevant guidance and Standard Operation Procedures
- Contribute to the identification of possibilities to implement cash-based interventions and market based programmes by participating in assessments and response analysis discussion
- Reference to detailed responsibilities is outlined in a separate Terms of Deployment (TOD) which will be developed for each assignment.
- Facilitate the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
Qualifications of UN jobs in USA – Global Roving Finance Manager:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other connected field.
- Minimum 3 years of background from working as a Senior Finance Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Advanced understanding and expertise in finance with solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Background from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Understanding about own leadership skills/profile with documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge and skills in cash-based interventions and economic service provider assessments
- Flexible, resilient, and capable to thrive in a dynamic work environment with little structure.
- Fluency in English and French, both written and oral. Arabic or Spanish an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in USA, please click here.