Brief details about UN jobs in USA – Programme Specialist :
- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New York City
- Grade: Mid level – P-4, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Public Health and Health Service
- Refugee rights and well-being
- Project and Programme Management
- Innovations for Sustainable Development
- Closing Date: 2023-07-01
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in USA – Programme Specialist job:
UNICEF, or the, is an agency of the United Nations that donate humanitarian and developmental support to children over the world. It was originally initiated in 1946 to give emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries devastated by . UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of every child, especially those who are vulnerable. Its activities include giving immunizations, disease prevention, and treatment for children and mothers with HIV, as well as strengthening childhood and maternal health. UNICEF relies wholly on voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
Tasks of UN jobs in USA – Programme Specialist :
Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results for the Spotify Mental Health Shelf.
- Plan and/or cooperate with internal and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, performance indicators, and other UNICEF/UN system indicators and measurements to assess and strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results for MHPSS programmes.
- Provide ongoing specialised oversight and support to Spotify, including in developing project workplans, M&E frameworks, and timely updates on progress.
- Work collaboratively with Spotify’s data experts, to collate, analyze and evaluate the level of use, consistency of use, and most attractive content to inform how the content and service design is adapted and / or expanded to ensure it meets the needs of the target audiences, i.e. children, adolescents, and their caregivers, and frontline workers who engage with young people.
- Develop an end-of-year evaluation information, based on data from Spotify and youth feedback via VoY and U-report from UNICEF to capture the learning of this creative service design.
MHPSS Advisory services and technical help :
- Based on MHPSS needs review and any recognised gaps in curated content help to develop podcasts and other content, as relevant.
Advocacy, networking and partnership building:
- Work directly with mental health specialists and professionals, young people, and mental health and wellbeing content developers, to develop digitized content from existing UNICEF, and where suitable third party, written content to be used on the Spotify / UNICEF “youth mental wellbeing shelf”.
Innovation, knowledge administration and capacity building:
- Simplify providing existing and new content on mental health and wellbeing that can be digitized and/or amplified via the Spotify platform, and other UNICEF platforms.
- Provide support to Spotify and UNICEF to strengthen both organisations digital platforms for young people (for example, UNICEF’s Voices of Youth platform), where mental health content could be provided to young people.
- Tying into the global Community of Practice on MHPSS, establish a sub-group on MHPSS and Innovation, to meet quarterly, to help knowledge exchange and learning across countries engaged in the Spotify rollout.
- Work with UNICEF’s digital communications, branding, RD4C and T4D teams to assure technical alignment of the Spotify “youth mental wellbeing shelf”.
- Work closely with the Office of Innovation to continue to help the MHPSS Global Innovation Portfolio, as agreed with the Senior Mental Health Technical Advisor.
Conduct other tasks relevant to UNICEF’s multi-sectoral work on Mental Health, requested by the Senior Mental Health Technical Advisor.
- UN jobs in USA Nutrition of School-age Children and Adolescents Consultancy
- UN jobs in USA Communication Specialist
Qualifications of UN jobs in USA – Programme Specialist :
- An advanced university degree (Master or higher) in public health, policy, or related field with strong background in applying legislative, policy, and advocacy work and public mental health systems, services, and financing, in mental health, or another relevant technical field is required.
- A minimum of eight (8) years professional background in development field, programming and legislative, policy, LMICs, financing and advocacy at national and international levels is required.
- Direct field background in applying legislative, policy, financing and advocacy skills to mental health and psychosocial systems and services is an asset.
- Background in LMICs in particular is required, and knowledge of the functioning of UNICEF MHPSS Operational Framework in particular is of great added value.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is needed. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French or Spanish) is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in USA, please click here.