The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations that supports the implementation of infrastructure, procurement, and project management services to help governments and other partners achieve their development goals.
UNOPS was established in 1973 and has its headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark. The organization operates in more than 100 countries worldwide and works with partners including UN agencies, governments, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
UNOPS provides a range of services to its partners, including project management, procurement, infrastructure and construction, and advisory services. The organization has a strong focus on sustainability and is committed to promoting environmentally and socially responsible practices in its work.
Also, Apply:UN Jobs in Yemen-CLOSE PROTECTION OFFICER
UNOPS also plays a critical role in supporting humanitarian and peacebuilding efforts around the world. The organization provides logistical and operational support to UN peacekeeping missions and works to help communities affected by natural disasters, conflict, and other crises.
About UN Jobs in Yemen-Diversity and Social Inclusion Officer
In Yemen, UNOPS is working on a number of programs, including the Strengthening Resilience by Enhancing Health Service Facilities in Yemen project, that include gender and social inclusion as well as the prevention of GBV.
The Strengthening Resilience through Enhancing Health Service Facilities in Yemen project’s overarching goal is to assist neighborhood service providers and local communities in expanding access to primary and secondary healthcare facilities (general hospitals, neighborhood health centers, and therapeutic feeding centers) for the most vulnerable population by repairing the physical infrastructure of health facilities (maintenance projects and minor repairs) in target areas.
The Amman Operational Hub Gender Specialist, who is situated in Jordan, will be consulted by the Gender Equality Officer for technical advice on gender and social inclusion mainstreaming and GBV prevention. The Gender Equality Officer will report directly to the Project Manager. The Yemeni local communities will frequently be in contact with the Gender Equality Officer. The incumbent will assist with the project’s Strengthening Resilience of Health Service Facilities GBV activities and mainstreaming of gender and social inclusion. The post calls for an experienced individual with knowledge and aptitude for gender and social inclusion mainstreaming and GBV, as well as the capacity to deliver basic training on gender equality, social inclusion, and GBV.
Responsibilities of the UN Jobs in Yemen-Diversity and Social Inclusion Officer
Technical assistance, documentation and reporting
- Support the mainstreaming of gender and social inclusion across the project;
- Provide analytical support to the project manager in the implementation of the project Gender Action Plan and related gender-specific activities and initiatives;
- Monitor progress and report on gender and social inclusion mainstreaming and GBV/SEA safeguarding efforts across the project;
- Provide sound contributions to project stakeholders on gender-related activities, including on gender-sensitive engagement of community members;
- Document best practices and lessons learned on gender and social inclusion mainstreaming in the project and share these with relevant actors, including but not limited to the project team and donor/partner;
- Support the promotion of Yemeni supplier and contractor performance on gender equality and GBV prevention through proactive engagement with UNOPS DRiVE programme (Delivering Responsibility in Vendor Engagement) and the UNOPS Sustainable Procurement Framework.
Gender-sensitive communication and capacity building
- Assist in the revision of project communication material to make sure it is gender-sensitive and addresses gender-related issues as relevant to the project;
- Provide analytical support to the promotion of project-specific awareness raising activities on gender equality, social inclusion and gender-based violence (GBV) for project staff.
- Support in ensuring that safeguard instruments, including project Environmental and Social Management Frameworks and Plans (ESMF/P), include provisions on promoting gender equality and preventing gender-based violence (GBV) and Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA);
- Provide analytical support to the inclusion in the project Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM) of safe referral pathways for GBV/SEA survivors;
- Build the capacity of all actors responsible for the project GRM on safe referral and the principles of a survivor-centered approach to GBV/SEA;
- Support the awareness raising of implementing partners, contractors and suppliers on GBV prevention.
Requirements of the UN Jobs in Yemen-Diversity and Social Inclusion Officer
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an undergraduate university is necessary. preferably with a degree in gender studies, business administration, law, social science, or a comparable subject.
- two years of relevant experience in gender and social inclusion mainstreaming, gender/social analysis, GBV/SEA prevention, or safety.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic is required.
How to Apply?
- Review job requirements: Once you find a job that matches your skills and interests, review the job requirements to ensure that you meet the qualifications and experience needed.
- Prepare your application: Prepare your application materials, including your resume/CV, a cover letter, and any other required documents, such as transcripts or certifications.
- Submit your application: Apply online by submitting your application materials through the UNOPS job portal. You will need to create an account and complete the application form, including answering any job-specific questions.
- Wait for a response: UNOPS will review your application and if you are shortlisted, they will contact you for an interview. If you are not selected for the job, you will receive a notification.
It is important to note that the recruitment process for UNOPS can be highly competitive, so it is important to carefully review the job requirements and submit a strong application. Additionally, be sure to follow the instructions and deadlines for the specific job you are applying for. Good luck!