UNOPS assists the UN and its allies in delivering humanitarian, development, and peace and security solutions.
Our goal is to support people in leading better lives and nations in achieving lasting peace and development. We are committed to UN ideals and the effectiveness of the private sector while concentrating on execution.
In addition to offering services, UNOPS also serves as a technical adviser and project implementer. We support the UN and other partners in finding solutions for peace, security, humanitarian aid, and development.
Also, Apply: UN jobs in Yemen-Office Janitors
About UN Jobs in Yemen-Driver/2023
Since its arrival in Iraq in 2004, UNOPS has completed around 50 projects totaling more than USD 260 million. The major equivalents at the central and regional government levels in Iraq are in close contact with UNOPS. UNOPS supports its national office in Baghdad as well as its sub-office in Erbil from its operational hub in Amman.
The incumbent is accountable for adhering to the security guidelines, administrative directives, plans, and processes of UNOPS and the UN Security Management System.
UNOPS is dedicated to creating a workforce that is entirely diversified.
The overarching goal of the project is to strengthen climate change resistance while assisting in the regeneration of agriculture in Iraq’s Southern Governorates.
Responsibilities of the UN Jobs in Yemen-Driver/2023
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
- Immediate action in case of accident
- Provides reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of Regional Director/Head of Office, other high-ranking officials and visitors b) collecting and delivering mail, documents and other items; and c) meeting official personnel at the airport and facilitating immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Ensures proper use of vehicles through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle by checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.; performing minor repairs and arranging for major repairs; and ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
Provides administrative, logistical and procurement support:
- Timely processing of incoming and outgoing mail and documentation; maintenance of the corresponding register and distribution as appropriate;
- Support to organization of and logistical preparation for field trips, visiting missions, meetings, conferences, workshops, retreats; preparation of logistics arrangements, including circulation of the documentation to be reviewed;
- Receipt of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for shipments (received/sent), arrangements for shipments. Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions, drafting correspondence related to shipments/customs clearance;
- Arrangement of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations.
Requirements of the UN Jobs in Yemen-Driver/2023
- Secondary school graduation or its equivalent; driving education with a current driver’s license.
- Three years of work experience as a driver; safe driving record.
Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Fluency in Arabic is required.
Basic knowledge of English is required.
How to Apply?
- click on the Link Below
- Create an Account
- Prepare all the Documents that are needed Such us:
- National ID Card