The United Nations’ Food and Agricultural Agency (FAO) is a specialized body that oversees global initiatives to end hunger.
FAO wants to ensure that everyone has access to adequate wholesome food on a regular basis to maintain an active, healthy lifestyle. FAO operates in more than 130 nations throughout the world and has over 194 member states.
FAO offers a vibrant, multicultural work atmosphere with employees from over 100 different nations who have different areas of expertise, making it truly global.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Yemen-PROJECT COORDINATOR
The FAO provides chances for employee development through group training, workshops, and one-on-one training sessions. Moreover, FAO makes use of a performance management module to assist employees in meeting their annual goals and promote career advancement within the company.
An employee’s ability to relocate both geographically and to other positions within their duty station is enabled and encouraged by the FAO’s staff mobility program.
About UN Jobs in Yemen-NATIONAL WATER INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
The job is located at the FAO headquarters in Aden, Yemen. In order to achieve food security, eliminate poverty and malnutrition, grow the agricultural, fishery, and forestry sectors, and manage their environmental and natural resources responsibly, governments need assistance from FAO’s national offices, which are overseen by an FAO Representative. The office is in charge of creating, advancing, supervising, and putting into action agreed-upon plans for tackling Yemen’s national food, agricultural, and rural development goals as well as maintaining connections with pertinent Ministries at the national level.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, and the report to the Chief Technical Advisor for Water & Natural Resources Program.
Assist in discovering and executing new ideas in the field of effective water management, as well as in the design, development, and execution of infrastructure projects, associated goods, and services.
Through creating approaches, tools, analyses, knowledge products, and capacity building related water resource management in the project context, the incumbent will promote evidence-based water resource management.
Responsibilities of the UN Jobs in Yemen-NATIONAL WATER INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of all aspects of water and natural resources (WNR) projects implementation related to the rehabilitation/construction of infrastructure sites in Hadhramaut and Abyan Governorates.
• Supervise community-based water infrastructure construction/rehabilitation and improvement activities.
• Carry out site visits to monitor implementation activities and progress and suggest remedial measures to expedite the progress pace.
• Monitor the activities of implementing partners, conduct quality assurance tests, verify invoices, and prepare completion reports.
• Ensure that the delivered construction material are of approved quality, and proper documentation of quality clearances are in place.
• Ensure that all environmental compliance and safeguards measures are undertaken, and Grievance redress measures are in place.
• Ensure rehabilitation site pictures are taken to project pace of the rehabilitation activity.
• Ensure necessary tools and materials are available to implement the rehabilitation activity in a timely manner.
• Ensure Cash-for-Work activities are undertaken as per FAO standards.
• On completion of rehabilitation/ installation / construction activities, prepare a completion report duly signed by all the stakeholders including WUAs, Local councils, Local Authorities with proper pictures.
• Provide technical guidance to the FAO’s implementing partner (IP) and assist in the implementation of their activities related to water management and rehabilitation/construction of water/irrigation infrastructure.
• Prepares weekly and monthly progress reports, supervises FAO Field Engineers at the site, and assists in identifying new activities.
• Contribute to the preparation of progress and final reports,
• Conduct water conflict analysis, participate in the conflict resolution mechanism, and keep track/document the coordination process with concerned authorities.
• Additionally, they perform other related activities as advised.
Requirements of the UN Jobs in Yemen-NATIONAL WATER INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
- civil engineering degree from a university or certification in integrated water resources management.
- at least five years of relevant experience implementing the Cash for Work program.
- Strong technical expertise in rural projects mainly water harvesting/control and irrigation infrastructures.
- Working knowledge of English language.