Brief details about UN jobs Iraq – Rule of Law Analysis and Reporting Specialist:
- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: UN jobs Iraq , Baghdad
- Grade: Mid level – P-3, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Legal – Broad
- Legal – International Law
- Human Rights
- Democratic Governance
- Communication and Public Information
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Peace and Development
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2023-07-03
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs Iraq – Rule of Law Analysis and Reporting Specialist job:
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Based on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risk disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
Tasks of UN jobs Iraq – Rule of Law Analysis and Reporting Specialist:
SSR/ROL/ Policing Analysis and project suggestions and donor reporting:
- Assure proper and timely reporting to donors and other partners on the SSR/RoL projects implementation, the achievement of outputs, and progress towards outcomes and impact.
- Enhance SSR/RoL impact reporting, and assist in the development of information management requirements to improve impact reporting.
- Gather inputs for donor-specific and consolidated reporting from technical specialists and other team members.
- Draft all SSR/RoL reporting in a timely manner while meeting quality standards while adhering to UNDP reporting procedures . This includes among other Consolidated Project Quarterly Reports, Consolidated Project Annual Reports, Individual donor-specific reporting (Quarterly, Annual and Final), and Ad hoc progress updates in various forms.
- Produce donor-specific reports that are required by donors and ensure that donor-specific reporting adheres to policies of donor agreements.
- Assure lessons learned from the field are incorporated and shared in donor reporting.
- Coordinate with the specialized specialists and other team members on qualitative and quantitative data collection requirements for reporting.
- Work closely with specialized specialists and other team members to ensure quality data from implementing partners and NGOs is collected and progress towards targets are accurately captured.
- Check progress reports submitted by implementing partners and NGOs, and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting.
- Help in the compilation and submission of qualitative and quantitative progress to support reporting against the Country Programme Document.
- Backs availability of SSR/RoL inputs to meet UNDP Iraq’s corporate reporting requirements.
- Develop project recommendations to current or potential donors as advised by the SSR/RoL programme manager.
- Develop policy briefs that present key findings and suggestions arising from surveys, assessments, etc.
- Aid ad hoc requests as required.
Contributes to influential and strategic donor relations and promote UNDP partnerships through engaging, analytical, substance matter, and accurate reporting:
- Through SSR/ROL/ Policing analysis in recommendations and reporting, ensure donors and the Government of Iraq have access to and are aware of project progress, and understand opportunities and challenges.
- Ascertain and monitor donor reporting conditions, ensuring that SSR/RoL reporting meets donors’ informational needs.
- Illustrate the SSR/RoL programme at donor meetings and Working Groups as advised by the SSR/RoL programme manager.
- Develop materials, strategies, and other communications or products to support resource mobilization with supporters.
- Support for project goals and support communication of results.
- Develop materials and briefing notes for donor meetings.
- Develop the confidence of donors in UNDP program, management, and methodology.
- Raise awareness of UNDP needs, plans, and current operations.
- Help SSR/RoL Management meetings with high-level officials or donor meetings.
- Help the Donors Relations Unit, when needed, as part of the Country Office (CO) support.
Provides strategic help to the SSR/RoL Management and Communications Team:
- Aid Communications Team and SSR/RoL management in content development, especially with regards to reporting of program impact, beneficiary figures, and project progress to external audiences.
- Help Communications Team and SSR/RoL management in the development of presentations with accurate information.
- Advance information sharing and coordination with various implementing partners and donors.
- Assure that data communicated by the SSR/RoL management and Communications Team is consistent with donor reporting.
- Aid the SSR/RoL management and Communications Team to identify opportunities to highlight donor-specific communications opportunities.
- Help the SSR/RoL management and Communications Team a in adhering to communications requirements required by donors.
- Manage donor site visits and manage communications production around donor visits.
- Help content development for presentations, briefing notes, or other documentation required for SSR/RoL Management donor engagement and meetings.
- Reinforce SSR/RoL Management outreach to donors and host national government to communicate developments, the strategy of the Country Program Document, and priorities.
Advocates Program Team with technical assistance through sharing lessons learned:
- Using the captured lessons learned, advise the Programme Team on project activities to ensure they contribute to the strategic direction of the program as prescribed by the Project Document.
- Include lessons learned from other projects in the region to monitor and measure program’s contribution to the SSR/RoL strategic goals.
- Liaise with the project team to secure conflict sensitivity data is captured in reporting.
- Contributes technical help to the programme planning, monitoring and evaluation.
Qualifications of UN jobs Iraq – Rule of Law Analysis and Reporting Specialist:
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in social policy, public policy, politics, economics, development studies, or a related field is needed, or
- A first-level university degree (bachelor’s degree) in combination with an additional two years of qualifying background will be given due consideration in lieu of the advanced university degree
- Minimum 5 years (with master’s degree) or 7 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience at the national and/or international level in creating and producing reports, papers, and other documents for external audiences in appropriate thematic areas; and establishing inter-relationships among international organizations and national governments.
- Demonstrated strong applied writing and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated background in conducting assessments, analyses, and applied monitoring and evaluation in development and/or conflict contexts.
- Illustrated experience working with donors.
- Prior experience working with the United Nations is an asset.
- Background in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), database packages, and web-based management systems such as ERP
- Fluency in English both written and oral.
- Working understanding of Arabic is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs Iraq, please click here.