Brief details about UN jobs Nepal – Climate Change and Energy Specialist:
- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: UN jobs Nepal
- Grade: Volunteer – International Specialist – Internationally recruited Volunteer
- Occupational Groups:
- Meteorology, Geology and Geography
- Renewable Energy sector
- Climate Change
- Closing Date: 2023-07-03
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs Nepal – Climate Change and Energy Specialist job:
The( ) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
Tasks of UN jobs Nepal – Climate Change and Energy Specialist:
1) Communication and Coordination
- Establish more robust coordination and collaboration with target municipalities to ensure the CEE programme implementation in accordance with the plan of action.
- Help the development of disaster preparedness and response plan incorporating CEE components.
- Establish good professional relations with community members, social/infrastructure development sections of target municipalities, and other stakeholders present in the municipalities.
- Work in close coordination, cooperation and collaboration with CEE/DRR focal persons of the municipalities.
2) Local system strengthening:
- Assure DRR/emergency and CEE are functional at all the levels in municipalities in accordance with the new governance structure at local level.
- Arrange monthly meetings with the focal persons of programme municipalities to share progress, discuss issues and develop monthly action plans—the meeting minutes to be shared to UNICEF Nepalgunj Zonal Office.
- Make the monitoring plan based on the work plan, set the target for each month , monitor the field activity and track results against the set timeline and report it to the municipalities designated, and to UNICEF on monthly basis or whenever needed.
- Support to provide the training for women group, child clubs members at the municipality/ward/community levels on the importance of CEE and mainstreaming into school and Local government annual plan
- Aid for the refresher training for community-level activities, such use of ICS, replacement and renovation of ICS which are not functional
- Coordination and collaboration with LGs and UNICEF field office for effective implementation of Eco Zone Programme in 6 municipalities.
- Asset for local government system strengthening on use of Eco Cook stove in community level
- Aid for carbon financing from local government through providing local level information
- Help for regular reporting -monthly report, bimonthly and annual report
- Provide technical help and guidance to social mobilizer and technicians for the social mobilization:
- Coordinate and help the installation, repair and maintenance of ICS, and possibly scaling it up to communities in need of clean cooking mechanisms.
3) Monitoring and provision of technical help through field visits
- Assure results vis-à-vis targets (periodically, on monthly, quarterly, and bi-annual basis) set by the Zonal Office are met.
- Organize /coordinate with the municipalities for joint monitoring visits of the programme areas and communities.
- Facilitate donor visits and third-party monitoring visits in programme areas.
- Support program municipalities for proper reporting, recording, documentation and timely reporting (physical and financial as per UNICEF’s HACT standards and protocol).
- Periodically update the progress made in the field in given reporting formats (M&E, Activity progress reporting, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports).•
- Documentation of learning and innovations as case study or Human-interest story from the field.•
- Simplify local, national, and in
- Any other connected task as may be required or assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications of UN jobs Nepal – Climate Change and Energy Specialist:
- 5 years of background in local government, international development organization, national government, NGO or the private sector;
- work background related to any carbon trading project and/or afforestation will be an asset and experience as a professional progressively responsible for projects/programmed trainings and experiences in social mobilization, CEE field, disaster risk reduction/emergency, local-level planning process, energy,
- Communication for Development, focusing on local government and community mobilization will be an asset.;
- Outstanding oral and written skills;
- outstanding drafting, formulation, reporting skills; Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels;
- acquaintance with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Capability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.); e-LMIS; acquaintance with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision;
- capability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or welfare in UNICEF core value (care, respect, integrity, trust, and accountability)
- volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Bachelor’s degree or equal in Management, Education, Humanities and Social Science or relevant fields, with a focus on climate change, environmental policy, forestry, disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness & response, rural development and sociology;
- Nepalese, Level: Fluent, Essential English, Level: Fluent, Needed
If you are looking for more UN jobs Nepal, please click here.