Brief details about UN jobs Paris – Senior Finance Assistant:
- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: UN jobs Paris
- Grade: Administrative support – GS-5/GS-6, General Service – No need for Higher Education – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date:
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs Paris – Senior Finance Assistant job:
TheHigh Commissioner for Refugees ( ) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
Tasks of UN jobs Paris – Senior Finance Assistant:
- Keep financial records for project or other office accounts for which responsibility is assigned.
- Record receipts and payments, ensure accuracy of computation and completeness of documents and maintain continuing status of allotments against obligations.
- Prepare recurring reports on assigned accounts, noting issues resulting from excess cost or less-than-expected receipts.
- Prepare special reports to explain problems or as requested for other reasons.
- Estimate and compile cost estimates and projected budget requirements and assist in preparation of budget statements for area of assignment.
- Prepare routine correspondence and sustain contracts with others to discuss matters concerning accounts and related assignments.
- Keep contacts with local banks to clarify questions pertaining to office bank accounts.
- Brief and help new staff on basic financial procedures and requirements with respect to payments, entitlements, banking and currency provisions and other requirements relating to accounts and finance.
- Initiate correspondence to confirm data, answer queries and obtain additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- UN Jobs in France-A RECRUITMENT AND MOBILITY OFFICER
- UN Jobs in France-Consultant on SwitchMed II programme implementation
Qualifications of UN jobs Paris – Senior Finance Assistant:
- 2 years relevant background with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- For International Professional and Field Service positions: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Understanding of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs Paris, please click here.