Brief details about UN jobs – Remote – Education Specialist:
- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Remote | New York City
- Grade: Mid level – P-4, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Education, Learning and Training
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-07-03
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs – Remote – Education Specialist job:
UNICEF, or the, is an agency of the United Nations that donate humanitarian and developmental support to children over the world. It was originally initiated in 1946 to give emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries devastated by . UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of every child, especially those who are vulnerable. Its activities include giving immunizations, disease prevention, and treatment for children and mothers with HIV, as well as strengthening childhood and maternal health. UNICEF relies wholly on voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
Tasks of UN jobs – Remote – Education Specialist:
Content Development and administration:
- Deliver on the LP content design, guiding Country Offices and implementing organisatoins on best-in-class content standards and digital learning approaches.
- Develop direction on content quality for teachers, teachers training programs, formal and non-formal education, in line with the support requested by the Global LP Team.
- Work with the Global LP Team and Country Offices to support the design and develop LP compliant e-learning content, such as videos, games, ppts, quizzes, etc.
- Handle LP content-specific partnerships and coalitions, serving Country Office requests. Continue to develop content partnerships for use by countries and other bodies in UNICEF
- Document technical problems related to content, which were encountered on the online and offline instances, and work with both the LP and Microsoft technical teams to address issues and deliver excellent experiences to users.
- Scan appearing and available sources of quality content available nationally, regionally, and globally, enabling its utilization and sharing via the LP Global Digital Library.
Aid coordination with national and international stakeholders:
- Frequent communication with the UNICEF Regional Offices, UNICEF Headquarters in New York, as well as other Country Offices.
- Aid as a best practice ‘clearing house’ for Country Office content strategies and partnerships
- Build, sustain and sustain close working partnerships with relevant civil society, government counterparts, national stakeholders, global partners, and academia through active networking, advocacy and effective communication to build capacity, exchange knowledge/expertise and to reinforce cooperation to achieve sustainable and broad results on the Learning Passport.
- Share best practices between Learning Passport participating countries and other countries in the regions with similar efforts..
- Prepare communication and data materials for CO programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnerships and support fund raising for education programmes.
- Partake and/or represent UNICEF in appropriate forums and inter-agency discussions on education and related issues to digital learning, ensuring organizational position, interests and priorities are fully considered.
Innovation, knowledge administration and capacity building
- Apply and introduce creative approaches and good practices to build the capacity of partners and stakeholders and to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable Learning Passport programme results related to content development and management.
- Contribute to the growth and implementation of content related best practices to ensure optimum efficiency and efficacy of sustainable digital content development and adoption.
- Manage and implement capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of stakeholders to promote sustainable content development and management strategies on Learning Passport programme.
Qualifications of UN jobs – Remote – Education Specialist:
- Advanced University degree in IT, Education, Educational technology, Child Development, International Relations, Social sciences, or another appropriate field is required.
- Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible professional work background in education technology, digital content management, and capacity building of learners and educators is required.
- Illustrated experience in creating and editing content; experience creating content for web, for young people, or for use by secondary-level students is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of how to evaluate and measure content quality and effectiveness.
- An understanding of the latest developments in digital (education) solutions and platforms is desired.
- Background in digital learning design and interaction design concepts will be great value.
- Background leading and/or supporting international programmes would be an advantage.
- Very good technical knowledge and familiarity with information and/or learning management systems.
- Working understanding of at least Office 365 tools, MS Teams, SharePoint.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is needed. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French or Spanish) is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs – Remote, please click here.