Brief details about UN jobs South Sudan – Teacher Training and Development Consultant:
- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Juba
- Grade: Consultancy – Consultant – Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Education, Learning and Training
- Children’s rights (health and protection)
- Closing Date: 2023-06-30
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs South Sudan – Teacher Training and Development Consultant job:
UNICEF, or the, is an agency of the United Nations that donate humanitarian and developmental support to children over the world. It was originally initiated in 1946 to give emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries devastated by . UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of every child, especially those who are vulnerable. Its activities include giving immunizations, disease prevention, and treatment for children and mothers with HIV, as well as strengthening childhood and maternal health. UNICEF relies wholly on voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
Tasks of UN jobs South Sudan – Teacher Training and Development Consultant:
- A motivated and well-trained teaching force is a prerequisite for quality education. Improving the training of teacher trainers is an effectual tool for social development in South Sudan. As such, a sound strategy is needed to outline a systemic process to the teacher training in the context of South Sudan’s current proposed sector reform. The goal of this technical assistance is to provide strategic support to the effective roll out of the new teacher training syllabus for certificate and diploma teachers through transforming and strengthening capacity development of NTTIs.
- The study will be carried out in 126 days spread over six (6) months, ranging from May 2023 to October 2023. The consultant will perform the tasks under the overall supervision of the Director General, TDMS, the consultant will work in close collaboration with the NTTIs, the Universities and UNICEF and the TDMS team.
- The advisor will ensure international good practices and be responsible for the design, drafting and review of the overall tutors training program, training modules, and accompanying relevant resources, and the delivery of facilitation of the training.
- Evaluating teacher educators (tutors) training and capacity building needs.
- Providing specialized guide on the selection of training themes that need to be covered during the trainings.
- Provide technical help for development of training manuals, including a set of modules covering the agreed themes with the support of NTTI tutors, TDMS and the University of Juba.
- Analyzing training syllabus developed by the Curriculum Foundation (CF) and providing technical comments to improve the content, particularly ensuring the adequate presence of good practice relevant to South Sudan.
- Developing training evaluation questionnaires (such as pre-test and post-test surveys) to document the propriety and effectiveness of the agreed themes covered, the training materials and the delivery of trainings.
- Preparing and delivering training sessions to teacher educators in each NTTI in different states in South Sudan.
- Gathering feedback from teacher educators during the training sessions through training evaluation questionnaires and/or other formative means,
- Coaching teacher educators and establishing mechanisms for mentorship and peer support among the teacher educators and
- Providing suggestions and a roadmap of how training of NTTI tutors could be institutionalized and sustained in the NTTIs.
Qualifications of UN jobs South Sudan – Teacher Training and Development Consultant:
- PhD in any of this fields: Education, Teacher Education, Educational Development, or Social Development.
- A minimum of 8 years of appropriate work experience
- Extensive understanding and experience in teachers’ professional development for basic education.
- Illustrate knowledge of international teachers’ professional development for basic education.
- Knowledge and background of education in a developing country context.
- Background to in developing training strategy, training modules and delivering teacher training and on themes such as competency-based approach, teaching strategies.
If you are looking for more UN jobs South Sudan, please click here.