Brief details about UNHCR jobs – Protection Associate in Turkiye:
- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: UNHCR jobs in Turkiye , Ankara
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date: June 29, 2023
Information about the organization that has offered the UNHCR jobs – Protection Associate in Turkiye job:
TheHigh Commissioner for Refugees ( ) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
Tasks of UNHCR jobs – Protection Associate in Turkiye:
- Remain abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment.
- Consistently apply International and National Law and applicable UN/UNHCR and IASC policy, standards and codes of conduct.
- Help in providing comments on existing and draft legislation related to PoC.
- Provide advice on protection problems to PoC; liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other relevant documentation.
- Help in conducting eligibility and status determination for PoC.
- Contribute to measures to identify, prevent and reduce statelessness.
- Contribute to a country-level child protection plan as part of the protection system.
- Contribute to a country-level education plan as part of the protection system.
- Monitor Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all protection/solutions movements.
- Handle individual protection cases including those on GBV and child protection. Monitor, and intervene in cases of refoulement, expulsion and other protection incidents.
- Aid in identifying durable solutions for the largest possible number of PoC through voluntary repatriation, local integration and where appropriate, resettlement.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of protection related AGD based programming with implementing and operational partners.
- Simplify effective information management through the provision of disaggregated data on PoC and their problems.
- Partake in initiatives to capacitate authorities, relevant institutions and NGOs to strengthen national protection-related legislation and procedures.
- Help the supervisor in prioritizing PoC for interview, counselling and propose protection support for individual cases.
- Help the supervisor with enforcing compliance of local implementing partners with global protection policies and standards of professional integrity in the delivery of protection services.
- Help the supervisor with enforcing compliance with, and integrity of, all protection standard operating procedures.
- Submit individual payments recommendation for PoC for approval.
- Conduct other related duties as required.
Qualifications of UNHCR jobs – Protection Associate in Turkiye:
- 3 years relevant background with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- For International Professional and Field Service positions: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Understanding of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UNHCR jobs in Turkiye, please click here.