Brief details about UNHCR jobs – Senior IT Assistant:
- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: UNHCR jobs in Baghdad | Mosul
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: July 1 ,2023
Information about the organization that has offered the UNHCR jobs – Senior IT Assistant in IRAQ job:
TheHigh Commissioner for Refugees ( ) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
Tasks of UNHCR jobs – Senior IT Assistant in IRAQ:
- Help the office in implementing set standards for applications that meets the needs of the users and supports the overall Information and Communication Technology.
- Observe and maintain the LAN, Network Servers, Routers, Printers, LAN Points, Switches, Patch panels, Access points, HF and VHF bases, HF and VHF relay stations, Satellite Modem¿to prevent faults occurring.
- Carry out missions for new installations and routine supervision tours of ICT equipment.
- Assure that ICT problem recovery is done as quickly as possible and make regular system back-ups.
- Help with the installation of the software packages, basic repair/maintenance of computer hardware, HF and VHF equipment.
- Train UNHCR staff on email system, utilization of VHF handhelds, telephone system.
- Add and release users from the Networks.
- Keep the inventory of ICT equipment and keep track of movements of ICT equipment.
- Draft mails and memoranda on ICT matters.
- Help in the drafting of technical documentation on radio equipment operating procedures
- Insure invoices and delivery notes and pass for payment.
- Assess needs for upgrading and eventually replacing ICT equipment in the field, to meet with UNHCR standards.
- Choose the most efficient and economical means for the transmission of messages, taking into consideration the nature and priority of communications to be transmitted.
- Carry out administrative duties, within the area of competence as assigned.
- To decide on the appropriate resolution to incidents.
- Escalating incidents where they cannot be determined at the office level
- Conduct other related duties as required.
- UN jobs Iraq Rule of Law Analysis and Reporting Specialist
- INTERNSHIP at UNHABITAT in Iraq – uncareer
Qualifications of UNHCR jobs – Senior IT Assistant in IRAQ:
- 2 years appropriate experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Essential: Appropriate experience in the ICT field.
- Desirable: Hands-on background with wireless and VoIP systems, electricity, generators, lightning protection an asset.
- For International Professional and Field Service positions: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Understanding of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UNHCR jobs, please click here.