Brief details about unicef jobs in ethiopia – Information Management Specialist:
- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: unicef jobs in ethiopia , Addis Ababa
- Grade: Mid level – NO-C, National Professional Officer – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Transport and Distribution
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2023-06-26
UNICEF, or the, is an agency of the United Nations that donate humanitarian and developmental support to children over the world. It was originally initiated in 1946 to give emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries devastated by . UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of every child, especially those who are vulnerable. Its activities include giving immunizations, disease prevention, and treatment for children and mothers with HIV, as well as strengthening childhood and maternal health. UNICEF relies wholly on voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
unicef jobs in ethiopia – Information Management Specialist tasks:
The duties of unicef jobs in ethiopia – Information Management Specialist are:
- Answer to the Cluster participants’ needs for information.
- Support information databases that consolidate, analyse, and report/disseminate information critical to decision-making.
- Compile and interpret monthly reporting from the Cluster partners through Activity Info and 4Ws.
- Carry out a gap analysis of WASH needs and response.
- Work with Cluster partners to recognize information gaps at national levels and propose ways to bridge those gaps.
- Use GIS mapping for map production and geographic data management.
- Adopt and promote the use of global standards for IM for inter-operability.
- Handle flows of information and dissemination in an appropriate way.
- Manage an inventory of relevant documents on the WASH humanitarian situation.
- Help the development and analysis of needs assessment and monitoring programmes.
- Provide IM leadership in assessments and monitoring, including joint assessments and training.
- Guide on the preparation of SitRep inputs with emphasis on Cluster plans, targets, and achievements.
- Develop and reinforce IM capacity through the training of cluster partners.
- Provide technical help and inputs to Humanitarian Programme Cycle (HPC) activities, including HNO and HRP preparation.
- Illustrate the WASH cluster at Information Management Working Group (IMWG), Assessment Working Group (AWG), and other technical working groups relevant to information and data management.
- Contribute to the core cluster operations at the national level by providing IM support to the National Cluster coordination.
- Technically manage and guide IM activities by Regional IM Officers.
- Keep the Ethiopia WASH cluster website up to date and SharePoint system up to date
- Emergency Rapid Response Manager job at IRC in Ethiopia
- UN Jobs in Ethiopia Translate Situation Analysis
unicef jobs in ethiopia – Information Management Specialist qualifications:
The requirements of unicef jobs in ethiopia – Information Management Specialist are:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in a subject area applicable to information management.
- *A first University Degree in a appropriate field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree in a subject area relevant to information management.
- A minimum of five  years progressively responsible work background in information management, in the humanitarian sector with UN and/or NGO.
- Work background outside the humanitarian sector, which is relevant to this post, may be considered as a replacement for humanitarian experience
- Knowledge of the WASH sector and cluster approaches.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access or other databases (e.g. pivot tables and functions).
- Proven specialized expertise for managing data capture and storage, analyzing diverse datasets, and presenting information in understandable tables, charts, graphs and reports.
- Understanding of establishing and managing basic websites (e.g. UNOCHA’s Humanitarian Response platform).
- Proven skills in using GIS and map-making packages such as ArcGIS, Mapinfo, QGIS, Adobe creative suite for mapping.
- Understanding and skills in software development are an asset.
- Developing country work background and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is needed. Knowledge of another official UN language (or a local language is an asset.
If you are looking for more unicef jobs in ethiopia, please click here.