Brief details about UNjobs Ethiopia – Head of Programme:
- Organization: NRC – Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: UNjobs Ethiopia , Addis Ababa
- Grade: Senior level – Senior
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-07-04
Information about the organization that has offered the UNjobs Ethiopia – Head of Programme job:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an autonomous humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in emergencies across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for individuals forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve the international and local capability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also conducts the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Tasks of UNjobs Ethiopia – Head of Programme:
- Managing specific advances in NRC’s Innovation, Protection, Markets and Digital programming, through an increasingly localised and networked approach
- Contribute to maintaining accountability to beneficiaries through improving M&E systems, the establishment of beneficiary feedback and complaints mechanisms and improved needs assessments for evidence based programming.
- Simplify initiatives for integrated programme analysis and response analysis, including the integration of relevant cross-cutting issues such as protection, safe programming and access
- Manage Project Cycle Management (PCM), including through field support missions
- Liaise with Area managers to explore and create synergies, and ensure effective and constructive communication between the CO and AOs.
- Provide contextual programme investigation as input to the county strategy, annual and trimestral reports.
- Oversee performance and staff development of the Programme department.
- Assure current donor relations are well managed and explore potential new donor opportunities
- Assure programme relevant advocacy priorities are identified and taken forward.
- Line management of the Country Programme Unit.
- Technical maintenance of Core Competency Programme Development Managers
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
- unicef jobs in ethiopia Information Management Specialist
- UN jobs in Ethiopia Senior Security and Access Coordinator
Qualifications of UNjobs Ethiopia – Head of Programme:
- Minimum 8 years background from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Background of working in complex and volatile contexts
- NRC Core competencies expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s duties
- Understanding about own leadership skills/profile
- High level of communication, interpersonal, representation and negotiation skills
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
- Understanding of the context in Ethiopia is advantageous
- Culturally sensitive, with the capability to work within different cultural contexts
- Proven capability to live and work in hardship duty stations, sometimes under stressful environment
- Background in resource mobilisation and in particular working with EU donors, American donors and UN agencies
If you are looking for more UNjobs Ethiopia, please click here.