- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Maputo
- Grade: Junior level – NO-B, National Professional Officer – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Closing Date: 2023-05-31
UNICEF, or the United Nations Children’s Fund, is an agency of the United Nations that donate humanitarian and developmental support to children over the world. It was originally initiated in 1946 to give emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries devastated by World War II. UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of every child, especially those who are vulnerable. Its activities include giving immunizations, disease prevention, and treatment for children and mothers with HIV, as well as strengthening childhood and maternal health. UNICEF relies wholly on voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
The duties for WASH Officer at UNICEF Mozambique are :
- Programme growth and planning
- Programme administration, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and functional support for programme implementation
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and comeback
- Networking and collaboration building
- Innovation, knowledge administration and capacity building.
APPLY ALSO: National Project Officer at UNDP
The requirements for WASH Officer at UNICEF Mozambique are :
- A Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields is demanded: Civil engineering, Hydrogeology, and or water and sanitation engineering.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/suplement the main degree is a strong advantage.
- DEVELOPMENTAL: a minimum of two years of skilled work experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is demanded.
- HUMANITARIAN: background in planning and implementation of emergency response in the WASH sector is an asset.
- Fluency in Portuguese is demanded Proficiency in English and other local languages is a strong asset.