Brief Details About Wheelchair Technician – Swedish Committee for Afghanistan:
- Job Location: Balkh
- Nationality: Afghan
- Category: Admin-Clerical
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary: Salary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA salary scale
- Vacancy Number: HRM/MRMO 038-23
- No. Of Jobs: 1
- City: Mazar-e-Sharif
- Organization: Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Years of Experience: 2 years’ relevant complex metal processing experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organization
- Contract Duration: The position is Project based
- Gender: Male
- Education: Minimum 12 grade School Graduation or equivalent work experience and skills in metal processing
- Close date: 2023-06-06
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan:
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) is working in Afghanistan since 1980. SCA’s vision is an independent Afghanistan in peace, where human rights are respected, rural communities are empowered and all Afghans have the right and opportunity to democratic participation in the governance of their country.
Apply also: Finance Coordinator (Treasury) DACAAR Afghanistan
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Able to carry out basic user assessment, prescription, fitting and follow-up for users with basic needs (not requiring modifications or postural support).
- Able to identify and refer users who require wheelchair modifications and postural support and also able to follow up these users once they are provided with a wheelchair.
- Assembling or fabricating all kind of wheelchairs, tricycle according to prescription.
- To fabricate and prepare crutches, walking frame, joints and others mobility aids.
- Making or assembling modifications or custom postural support.
- Conduct training to users in wheelchair maintenance and basic repair, or supervising such training provided by a trainer.
- Ensuring that each wheelchair and any modifications are technically safe before each fitting and before the user leaves the service with the new equipment.
- Keeping records and documentation.
- Following up users to ensure equipment continues to be appropriate.
- Facilitating maintenance and repairs of wheelchairs and associated equipment; and
- Participating in overall service evaluation
- Provide back up support to injection machines, metal and other section as required,
- Any other tasks relevant to the component workshop production assigned by the supervisor.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- Minimum 12 grade School Graduation or equivalent work experience and skills in metal processing
- 2 years’ relevant complex metal processing experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organization
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages
- Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience of planning, reporting and budgeting
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive and well mannered.
- To be Afghan National.