- Organization: FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Santiago
- Grade: Junior level – P-1, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Security and Safety
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Closing Date: 2023-05-28
The United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization is known as FAO. It is a specialized organization of the UN that focuses on global initiatives to end hunger through advancing agriculture. The goal of FAO is to promote sustainable agricultural development, enhance nutrition, and support the lives of rural communities in order to create a world free from hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. The FAO offers member nations technical assistance, gathers and disseminates data, and offers a venue for discussion on matters pertaining to food and agriculture. Additionally, FAO is in the forefront of global initiatives to promote sustainable agriculture and fight hunger and malnutrition.
The duties for Young Professional Officer at FAO are :
- Studies relevant technical social, economic, environmental, climate and technology information, data and/or statistics for input in various documents;
- Keeps records and updates databases and web pages;
- Provides specialized support to various projects;
- Collaborates in the growth of training tools and materials and the organization of workshops/seminars, etc.;
- Partakes in the organization and follow-up of meetings, consultations and conferences, the production of demanded materials and the provision of information and assistance to partners.
APPLY ALSO: Budget Programming Assistant at WFP
The requirements for Young Professional Officer at FAO are :
- Advanced university degree in agriculture, information technology, economics or related major;
- One year of appropriate background in digitalization, information technology projects, startup environment or management consulting;
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited understanding (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Extent and relevance of background in digital agriculture, addressing for example: production and pro-harvest losses, advisory services, market linkages, financial services, data management, use of geospatial technologies, blockchain, artificial intellect, drone use in agriculture, etc.
- Background with the administration of online interactions is regarded an asset.